1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A750E/F transmission WARMER?

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by MountainEarth, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Apr 25, 2011 at 1:30 AM
    MountainEarth

MountainEarth [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access
    Leer 100XR Shell, BedRug mat - comfy sleeping, GT Covers microfiber seat covers, BFG All Terrains 265/70r16, Dashmat, Antennax 13" shorty antenna, Weathertech liners, Ultra Gauge, Avid Light Bar, PIAA 520 ATPs, one old dog
    Check page 8 of http://www.toyotatundraforum.com/pdf/A750E.pdf

It shows the A750E/F auto transmissions (5-speeds autos in the 2nd gen V6s) as having transmission warmer that circulates coolant around the tranny to bring it up to normal operating temp quicker. But this manual was posted on a Tundra site, so I don't know if it necessarily applies to our Tacomas. Anyone know?

I'm thinking of adding the Toyota OEM block heater for next winter. I'm theorizing that it will help my gas mileage as cold engines tend to get worse gas mileage (have another post looking for data / experience on this) & I make a lot of cold start, short trips.

But I would also guess if our auto trannys do have the warmer, then in cold / very cold climates, a block heater would not only benefit the engine, but also the tranny by bringing it up to normal operating temp much quicker.

07 sport 4x4 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top