Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

braking the car accelerated

Old 05-18-2007, 05:08 AM   #1
robert is on a distinguished road
robert's Tacoma Gallery
braking the car accelerated

Hey has anyone had a problem with the Tacoma accelerating while braking. I have and I found one other person that has had the same problem? If anyone has please contact me. I don't drink or any thing, but maybe I should! :
Old 05-18-2007, 05:28 AM   #2
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
You must have a big right foot. One that steps on both the gas and brake pedal at the same time. Big work boots can do that too.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:41 AM   #3
robert's Tacoma Gallery
I wish that as true but I don't thin so

No all bull set aside This really did happen to me. and it scared the livin sh*(*#t out of me and 2 cars that almost t_boned me. I live in the LA area and traffic is so bad that at any given time there is on coming traffic at any given intersection. And like I said I do not drink or anything. and I was wearing tennis shoes at the time. So it was not a big boot or heavy foot. just be careful. I have been driving for over 30 years[/I]If it happens, let me know if you could.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:48 AM   #4
EvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EvilBetty's Tacoma Gallery
I would not discount the idea that you hit both pedals too easily.

I did this 2 or 3 times in my old 94 Toyota pick up. One time I had flip flops on and it was obvious what happened.

The first time I did it I swore it happened on it's own. I could not believe that I may have pushed both pedals.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:02 PM   #5
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert View Post
And like I said I do not drink or anything.
There's the problem!

BTW, the gas pedal has a tendency to get stuck on some floor mats like the WeatherTeck floor mats. That has happened to me a few times. All I do is move the mat back towards the seat, have a few cold one's and Eat Steak!
Old 05-19-2007, 06:45 PM   #6
robert's Tacoma Gallery
Wink I hear that

I called a friend of mine who is a service manager at Toyota. We checked it out. And he said that he has not heard of this problem before. I did buy some after market thick rubber mats. but I looked right after it happened to make sure that nothing was obstructing the gas or brake pedals and they were clear. It has not happened again so maybe it was only in my mind??
Old 05-20-2007, 09:19 AM   #7
EvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EvilBetty's Tacoma Gallery
I've had the floor mat thing happen as well... Actually it had wadded up under my brake pedal... scared the crap out of me.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:48 PM   #8
robert's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

I hear ya. makes your nerve work!