Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

PO441 & PO455

Old 04-28-2011, 03:52 PM   #1
EricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
EricGagne's Tacoma Gallery
PO441 & PO455

Hey !!

2010 TRD OFF Road, 8 months old, only 11000km (about 6500 miles). I got the check engine and the slip light Tuesday when I started it after work. Plugged my ODBII device and found the two codes above.

I cleared the codes, removed and put back the gas cap. Today I got the lights and same 2 codes again.

I'm really not savvy in mechanic, is there anything else I can check myself or is this a case for the dealder ?
Old 04-29-2011, 10:42 AM   #2
EricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
EricGagne's Tacoma Gallery
As I said, I did remove and put back the gas cap but the codes came back. The dealer isn't opened on week-ends and I need to go on a short trip so I guess all I can do for now is fill it up and see if the codes go away tomorrow or Sunday.

It did start only 2 days after filling up so I also tend to believe it's the gas cap, maybe taking it off and back on without refueling wasn't enough.