LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Upper/lower Grill - Hood Scoop Side Vent Install

Old 04-29-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
NINJA BADASSNESS
Stephanie0051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStephanie0051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStephanie0051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStephanie0051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStephanie0051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStephanie0051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStephanie0051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStephanie0051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStephanie0051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStephanie0051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStephanie0051 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Helicopter Electronic Warfare - 823 Rescue MXS
Name: Stephanie
Stephanie0051's Tacoma Gallery
Upper/lower Grill - Hood Scoop Side Vent Install

So I have been searching for advice on this for about half hour, and maybe I just suck at working the search function .... and at the risk of getting boned, stoned, and owned ...Im just gonna go ahead and grab my ankles and ask the question....

I know the main grill is direct replacement but I was just wondering if anyone has any advice or tricks to change out the rest. So far it looks like just drilling and a little sanding and its good to go. A friend that restores old trucks found out I got a Taco and sent me these.......
Attached Thumbnails
Upper/lower Grill - Hood Scoop Side Vent Install-photo1.jpg  
Old 04-29-2011, 02:31 PM   #2
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
You could use the Grillcraft Instructions (they're pretty good):

http://www.grillcraft.com/applicatio...spx/1%7C5/415/

Note that at the top in the red section, you would choose what part you're going to install (MX Grill Lower, MX Grill Upper, MX Corner Vent Grills 2pc). Then click the "Install" button below the price.

For the bottom on the grillcraft, you just mounted it. You don't have to take the old part off.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:14 PM   #3
NINJA BADASSNESS
Stephanie0051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStephanie0051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStephanie0051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStephanie0051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStephanie0051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStephanie0051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStephanie0051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStephanie0051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStephanie0051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStephanie0051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStephanie0051 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I will take a look, thanks!
Old 04-29-2011, 03:20 PM   #4
KF5TUQ
BERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud of

Name: Bert
BERTHDZ's Tacoma Gallery
I recommend you paint them black or plastidip them first I think it would look good on your white taco! I have a similar grille on my white taco.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:25 PM   #5
Rashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rashnu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Monkey View Post

Note that at the top in the red section, you would choose what part you're going to install (MX Grill Lower, MX Grill Upper, MX Corner Vent Grills 2pc). Then click the "Install" button below the price.

For the bottom on the grillcraft, you just mounted it. You don't have to take the old part off.
X2
Old 04-29-2011, 04:19 PM   #6
NINJA BADASSNESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERTHDZ View Post
I recommend you paint them black or plastidip them first I think it would look good on your white taco! I have a similar grille on my white taco.

I would, but they were a gift soooo......

Also, I think Im going to see what it looks like with them like this first and if I dont like it, then I will go wit hthe black. Most peeps with the white tacos get black stuff so i might like being a little different
Old 04-29-2011, 04:24 PM   #7
NINJA BADASSNESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Monkey View Post

YAY! PICTURES!!!!!