Notices

Warming up your Taco

View Poll Results: Warming the engine
Yes 51 49.51%
No 47 45.63%
I like my tacos cold 5 4.85%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2011, 03:23 PM   #41
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
A minute or so, then snick it into gear. Easy throttle until the temp. needle moves.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:35 PM   #44
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I never stop my engine so it never gets cold.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:51 PM   #45
4Runner Pilot
YFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I just leave it running. The truck lets me get out while its still running. That's all I need to do right?
Old 05-07-2011, 07:32 AM   #46
Retired?
gatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud of

Air Force: Retired
Name: Scott
gatlin69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ink junky View Post

haha just givin ya shit man!!
Got ya ...been on a few forums where people get really uptight about that stuff...
Old 05-07-2011, 07:40 AM   #47
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
I give it about 20 seconds or so until the rpms drop. At start up mine revs higher for about 10-20 seconds and then drops, after that I go. In the mornings I'm in the garage and pull out after this and then wait for the garage door to close then go. So in the morning it probably gets nearly 1 minute of warm up. But I still drive easy for the first few minutes too.