Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

engine block drain plug on 4 banger???

Old 05-18-2007, 09:43 PM   #1
RaiderSix is on a distinguished road
RaiderSix's Tacoma Gallery
engine block drain plug on 4 banger???

I can't find the coolant drain plug that the Haynes manual talks about on page 1-32. I am doing a radiator flush tommorow and want to be thorough since it has never been done to this truck. The line drawing picture has an arrow pointing to it, but it is way too vague.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:21 AM   #2
EvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EvilBetty's Tacoma Gallery
What year? On my 94' 22RE 2.4 it was just a little white plastic winged plug on the bottom inside corer of the radiator.

If you were facing the grill it was on the left side at the bottom on the side between the engine and the radiator.

I do remember it being hard to see, but you cant miss the feel of that plast wing nut.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:03 PM   #3
It's a 97 2WD model. I gave up on finding it and just drained it at the radiator tap. The antifreeze was black like old brake fluid. I'm going to run some Zerex Super Cleaner through it during the weekend. Hopefully I can get most of the gunk out and be able to have clean antifreeze.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:02 AM   #4
Well, I flushed my radiator out real good. I went from black antifreeze to nice green antifreeze. The Zerex super flush stuff worked pretty good. I ran that stuff in there for 400 miles (6 hour drive) and then put one of those garden hose flush kits on and got the gunk out of the cooling system. With the radiator cap off you can see the shiny metal of the inside of the radiator core. Pretty impressed with that flush chemical. Now my next project is to check/adjust the valves and regrease the wheel bearings.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:54 AM   #5
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderSix View Post
Well, I flushed my radiator out real good. I went from black antifreeze to nice green antifreeze. The Zerex super flush stuff worked pretty good. I ran that stuff in there for 400 miles (6 hour drive) and then put one of those garden hose flush kits on and got the gunk out of the cooling system. With the radiator cap off you can see the shiny metal of the inside of the radiator core. Pretty impressed with that flush chemical. Now my next project is to check/adjust the valves and regrease the wheel bearings.
Well, you will have a brand-new truck pretty soon!