Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

How do i fix this door dent???

Old 05-02-2011, 12:08 PM   #1
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy How do i fix this door dent???

Got a nice dent on the weekend on my driver side door. Right above the door handle. The door opens fine but the window has a hard time opening and closing. Any ideas would be great.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:09 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
With the window up, Remove the inside door pannel, and push the dent out.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:12 PM   #4
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
It's worth a try

Not sure if that will work though, that dent seems like it's right where the door skin attaches to the door "frame"
Old 05-02-2011, 12:19 PM   #5
When all else fails read the directions
joerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 18F-5th SFG
Name: Him
joerussell610's Tacoma Gallery
HMMMMM I dunno mabe a bodyshop would be a start
Old 05-02-2011, 12:22 PM   #6
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
You can search for the hairdryer/can of air trick...But I think that is too deep.

You are going to have to do some real body work to fix it imho.
not going to work there
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
this if you just want it to function properly
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerussell610 View Post
HMMMMM I dunno mabe a bodyshop would be a start
this if you want it to look perfect again
Old 05-02-2011, 12:31 PM   #7
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Another suggestion. Put another one just like it on the other side and tell people that it came from the factory that way.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:48 PM   #8
roadking1 is on a distinguished road
roadking1's Tacoma Gallery
I would call a paintless dent technician to get his opinion. much cheaper than a body shop.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:07 PM   #9
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
Another suggestion. Put another one just like it on the other side and tell people that it came from the factory that way.
thanks... lol
Old 05-02-2011, 01:15 PM   #10
enjoying the shenanigans
Gunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Conner
Gunshot-6A's Tacoma Gallery
a BFH would do the trick...just not if you want it to look good
Old 05-02-2011, 01:24 PM   #11
Drunk Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunshot-6A View Post
a BFH would do the trick...just not if you want it to look good
Whats a BFH?
Old 05-02-2011, 01:28 PM   #12
GSK9 B1T3 is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard:
Name: Another One
GSK9 B1T3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr97tacoma View Post
Whats a BFH?
BFH=Big F*$#in Hammer (posted it 2 minutes later )

To fix the dent you could just mentally fix it and get over it (thats what I did) know you may dent it again. If you wheel hard its not IF you dent your truck its WHEN you dent your truck!
Old 05-02-2011, 01:40 PM   #13
Drunk Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSK9 B1T3 View Post

To fix the dent you could just mentally fix it and get over it (thats what I did) know you may dent it again. If you wheel hard its not IF you dent your truck its WHEN you dent your truck!
The main problem is the window is not rolling up and down properly. I would like to fix that problem. And i would like to pop the dent out as much as i can.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:50 PM   #14

Quote:
The main problem is the window is not rolling up and down properly. I would like to fix that problem. And i would like to pop the dent out as much as i can.
Lexan windows...Problem solved...or no windows Dukes of Hazard style.

But seriously, find a PDR guy.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:03 PM   #15
When all else fails read the directions
joerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 18F-5th SFG
Name: Him
joerussell610's Tacoma Gallery
Better yet I think he wants to put the truck up to the computer and have us all fix it together. Dude go to a body shop.
Attached Thumbnails
How do i fix this door dent???-wizard.jpg  
Old 05-07-2011, 06:39 AM   #16
When I grow up I want to be just like Me
BRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BRP27's Tacoma Gallery
Shop for a junk yard door that matches your color.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:05 AM   #17
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSK9 B1T3 View Post

this^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 05-07-2011, 08:19 AM   #18
GSK9 B1T3 is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard:
Name: Another One
GSK9 B1T3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I agree with other. Best way is to take the door apart from the inside and use a rubber mallet to pop it out. Or use one of those PoPs a Dent thing?