Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Dead Tacoma

Old 05-19-2007, 07:15 PM   #1
Rick2007Tacoma is on a distinguished road
Rick2007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Dead Tacoma

Well this is really strange. I put a thermostat/clock that runs on a battery in the truck and the now the vehicle will not start. This thermostat is completely independent and has a small wire that I ran out to the door and placed underneath the rubber door insulator. I canít imagine that this had anything to do with it, but thatís the only think I did. I had both door open, and the dome light was on. Now the truck will not even turn over. In fact the dash or any lights in the truck will not turn on. I checked the battery and it has 12 volts, and I glanced at the fuses and they look ok too. What the heck is the issue? I wonder if the alarm system immobilized the truck.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:23 PM   #2
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick2007Tacoma View Post
Well this is really strange. I put a thermostat/clock that runs on a battery in the truck and the now the vehicle will not start. This thermostat is completely independent and has a small wire that I ran out to the door and placed underneath the rubber door insulator. I canít imagine that this had anything to do with it, but thatís the only think I did. I had both door open, and the dome light was on. Now the truck will not even turn over. In fact the dash or any lights in the truck will not turn on. I checked the battery and it has 12 volts, and I glanced at the fuses and they look ok too. What the heck is the issue? I wonder if the alarm system immobilized the truck.
Well I feel a little stupid. There is a button below the dash that shuts everything on the truck down, and I bumped it when I was installing the thermometer. This thread can be closed.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:49 PM   #3
EvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EvilBetty's Tacoma Gallery
Huh?! What button?
Old 05-20-2007, 02:55 PM   #4
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick2007Tacoma View Post
Well I feel a little stupid. There is a button below the dash that shuts everything on the truck down, and I bumped it when I was installing the thermometer. This thread can be closed.
The only button under the dash on my '07 is the tpms reset.
Is something of your own doing or some sort of anti theft device?
Old 05-20-2007, 03:33 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by spp View Post
The only button under the dash on my '07 is the tpms reset.
Is something of your own doing or some sort of anti theft device?
Itís on my truck and it may be part of the anti-theft devices. I assumed all vehicles had them. Maybe not.