Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

ARB Compressor Wiring

Old 05-04-2011, 12:09 PM   #1
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
ARB Compressor Wiring

If you have an ARB Compressor and did the install yourself, what is the best dash illumination wire to tap the "blue/white w/diode" in to for the switch dimming function? This wire is on the small switch end of the harness.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:31 PM   #2
05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
05tacoSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Mr ATO would tell you best. But for me, I used my volt meter and after dicking around with the wires under my dash I finally found the correct one. I would have to look and see what wire I tapped into but never the less it works
Old 05-04-2011, 01:34 PM   #3
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

and it dims like all the other dash lights? Or, just comes on only with the dash lights? Did you connect to a wire behind the coin holder thing where the fuse box is?
Old 05-04-2011, 01:41 PM   #4
05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
and it dims like all the other dash lights? Or, just comes on only with the dash lights? Did you connect to a wire behind the coin holder thing where the fuse box is?
Mine dosnt dim. So technically I did not install correct. But when the lights come on so does the rocker switch. And yes. The connection is behind the coin tray
Old 05-04-2011, 01:43 PM   #5
East Bound and Down

this is what I just got from ARB, "Due to the way Toyota wires they’re vehicles you will not be able to incorporate the dimming feature of your dash lights without making the locker switches dim opposite of the dash lights. Therefore any wire under your dash that has power when the headlight knob is turned one click will suffice."

Any chance of being able to look at that connection today?
Old 05-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #6

[QUOTE=Dark Knight;3127343]this is what I just got from ARB, "Due to the way Toyota wires they
Old 05-04-2011, 01:57 PM   #8
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-04-2011, 02:07 PM   #9

Don't know what I did. Whoops
Old 05-04-2011, 04:33 PM   #10
no mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shed
no mods's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think that switch is designed to actually "dim". Any 12v on with parking lights will work. Im pretty sure I stuffed mine directly into fuse box.

If u need help with a multimeter lemme know , ill make Chris help you
Old 05-04-2011, 04:37 PM   #11
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
I would go look and see if mine dim.. but my truck is at the dealer.

When I wired up my fog light switches I used an add a circuit and found an empty fuse spot on the fuse box behind the coin holder that is hot when the running/head lights are on.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:39 PM   #12
East Bound and Down

lol... The switch does actually dim in some vehicles. In a Toyota though it will not because our light system is a positive ground meaning that as you dim the dash lights the ARB switch would get brighter.

I do have one of these to help me find the correct wire to tap into.

Now I just need to find the wire that is switched on with the parking lights/head lights
Old 05-04-2011, 04:40 PM   #13
East Bound and Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
I would go look and see if mine dim.. but my truck is at the dealer.

When I wired up my fog light switches I used an add a circuit and found an empty fuse spot on the fuse box behind the coin holder that is hot when the running/head lights are on.
Do you remember the vicinity of that location? It was an empty spot??
Old 05-04-2011, 04:41 PM   #14
no mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shed
no mods's Tacoma Gallery
You could flip the trigger with a relay of you really wanted. But at this point the on/off feature is how I roll.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:44 PM   #15
East Bound and Down

yeah with our trucks the light is either on or off and you have the choice of connecting the ARB switch to a lead that is switched by the light control. so yeah, basically on or off.

I'm trying to avoid having it lit constantly when the truck is on.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:45 PM   #16

Just looked at mine. I wrapped electrical tape around wires so I can't see what I did. And I am late for marriage counseling so sorry for now
Old 05-04-2011, 04:49 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
No worries, thanks for looking. I'll get it figured out tonight.
Volt meter. Find a common or ground wire. And a wire that is hot only when lights are on and done
Old 05-04-2011, 04:54 PM   #19

Top right side of fuse panel is he location I found mine. All I can do right now