LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Man oh man what did I do...

Old 05-05-2011, 06:00 AM   #21
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
Agreed. Too many electronic nannies make people forget how to drive.
x2
My first truck didn't even have power steering...IIRC it was about 12 turns lock to lock.
Ahh, those were the days
Old 05-05-2011, 06:25 AM   #22
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhk View Post
And this is why ABS should *NOT* be allowed on any car.... because when it fails, too many people won't know how to react.
I kinda agree. just like I think everyone should first learn to drive a standard before an auto. Gotta learn a driveline to respect it.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:26 AM   #23
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Let's' not get this man's thread too far off topic.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:27 AM   #24
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lol I don't think the OP has responded to anything except the 1st comment
Old 05-05-2011, 06:32 AM   #25
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhk View Post
And this is why ABS should *NOT* be allowed on any car.... because when it fails, too many people won't know how to react.
Wow, you shouldn't allow ABS (or, presumably, any technological improvement) on a vehicle because IF it fails the driver MIGHT not react well?

What other technological improvements shouldn't we be using? Windshield wipers? Electrical headlamps? Pneumatic tires?
Old 05-05-2011, 06:39 AM   #26
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
Wow, you shouldn't allow ABS (or, presumably, any technological improvement) on a vehicle because IF it fails the driver MIGHT not react well?

What other technological improvements shouldn't we be using? Windshield wipers? Electrical headlamps? Pneumatic tires?
Perhaps NOT allowed is a bit strong. I just think that people should know how to react without the help of the computer. I retract my earlier post.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:40 AM   #27

Quote:
Perhaps NOT allowed is a bit strong. I just think that people should know how to react without the help of the computer. I retract my earlier post.
Tech should be allowed, and people should actually be trained to drive properly, over in Europe, you spend 10 hours with the driving instructor minimum.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:44 AM   #28
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I used to drive a Civic with no ABS. There was nothing different about driving it.

When did this turn into a waaaa waaaa I don't like ABS thread?
Old 05-05-2011, 06:52 AM   #29

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
I don't see anyone crying in here.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:51 AM   #30
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
IDK. I see complaining of electronics when there is always the option of buying old.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:06 AM   #31
When all else fails read the directions
joerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 18F-5th SFG
Name: Him
joerussell610's Tacoma Gallery
If there is a warranty issue it looks like your under the 36k mark but you need to check the IN-SERVICE date because you may have run out of time 3yrs or 36k which ever comes first. Btw DONT DO THAT AGAIN!
Old 05-05-2011, 09:06 AM   #32
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
In the snow ABS sucks. I wish there was a switch to turn it off. Instead its a Fed mandate? WTF .. get the gov't out of my life.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:12 AM   #33
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave View Post
In the snow ABS sucks. I wish there was a switch to turn it off.
Agreed
Old 05-05-2011, 09:45 AM   #34

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerussell610 View Post
If there is a warranty issue it looks like your under the 36k mark but you need to check the IN-SERVICE date because you may have run out of time 3yrs or 36k which ever comes first. Btw DONT DO THAT AGAIN!
Would the warranty cover hooking up the battery backwards?
Old 05-05-2011, 09:45 AM   #35

Quote:
it will if you forget to mention what happened
Old 05-05-2011, 09:49 AM   #36
When all else fails read the directions
joerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 18F-5th SFG
Name: Him
joerussell610's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If they can determine OUTSIDE INFLUENCE then you are screwed. More than likely they will know.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:53 AM   #37

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
it will if you forget to mention what happened
One would think that they could tell.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:57 AM   #38
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
One would think that they could tell.
They were able to tell me how many times my VSC had engaged since I had the ECU reflashed , pretty sure they will figure this one out .
Old 05-05-2011, 10:04 AM   #39

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
They were able to tell me how many times my VSC had engaged since I had the ECU reflashed , pretty sure they will figure this one out .
Did they mention how many times you used ATRAC?

Sorry, had to
Old 05-05-2011, 10:10 AM   #40

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Did they mention how many times you used ATRAC?

Sorry, had to
Actually , yes