Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Man oh man what did I do...

Old 05-05-2011, 10:10 AM   #41
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Actually , yes
Well???
Old 05-05-2011, 10:13 AM   #42
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
Well???
Sorry , must be the Canadian accent .

Y E S , T H E Y D I D .
Old 05-05-2011, 10:14 AM   #44
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sorry , must be the Canadian accent .

Y E S , T H E Y D I D .
Well??? HOW MANY F'ING TIMES!!!
Old 05-05-2011, 10:22 AM   #45
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well??? HOW MANY F'ING TIMES!!!
Zero
Old 05-05-2011, 10:27 AM   #46

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Zero
NOW WAS THAT SO HARD?

Sorry, forgot to disengage the cops lock.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:32 AM   #47

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
NOW WAS THAT SO HARD?

Sorry, forgot to disengage the cops lock.
I didn't think you were serious .

I have a Sport .
Old 05-05-2011, 10:49 AM   #48
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
VSC??
Old 05-05-2011, 10:52 AM   #49

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
VSC??
Vehicle Stability Control
Old 05-05-2011, 10:56 AM   #50
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Vehicle Stability Control
Man I'm slow today.... Gonna need some coffee, or start up a heroin habbit
Old 05-05-2011, 11:02 AM   #51
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
Man I'm slow today.... Gonna need some coffee, or start up a heroin habbit
Looks like you picked the wrong time to stop sniffing glue.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:59 PM   #52

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I didn't think you were serious .

I have a Sport .
Oh
Old 05-06-2011, 09:41 AM   #53
What would Scooby do?
travelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
travelingman's Tacoma Gallery
I'm tryin' to figure out how in the hell he hooked his batt. up wrong unless he bought the wrong battery.How would the cables reach?
Old 05-06-2011, 10:11 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Looks like you picked the wrong time to stop sniffing glue.
Agreed
Old 05-06-2011, 10:23 AM   #55

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-06-2011, 07:59 PM   #56
foquack is on a distinguished road
Name: Andy
foquack's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up SOLVED!

The OP returns and Good God man! I leave my thread for 36 hours, and you all went bonkers! Thank you for all your help, suggestions, comments, insults, jokes and pronunciations.

Ha ha well, I for one can say I neeeeed my ABS. That scare I had coming up to the stop light was wicked. i think people need ABS because when you have to slam on brakes at a moments notice, you have enough trouble NOT smacking into the car infront of you, let alone worrying how to correct a fishtailing back end at the same time!

ABS is tough in winter...and I got a 2WD... so will be fun to see how it handles in snow. I am coming from a 2000 Subaru Forrester, 4WD. Used to love doing donuts in a snow covered parking lot with it.

SOOOOOOO! Here's the grand update on the original post about my ABS not working. Turns out: it was not the fuse, but the fuse BLADES in the fuse holder itself. Out of the two blades that go into the fuse, one was sunk down enough that it was making intermittent contact with the fuse, hence the ABS/brake light going cuckoo.

So glad and relieved to say: problem solved.

PS, I managed to switch the terminals on the battery up because, yes, the cables fit correctly that way. I swapped the OEM for a Optima Yellow Top. The cables did not reach with the battery in the correct polarity, and in my haste I said, great, done. Did not look at the + and - and before ya know it SHHHHWWWAAAPPP! Sparks, horn went crazy, fuses popped, and I said "eh... won't be too bad right?"

Luckily, I was right.

...This time
Old 05-07-2011, 01:46 AM   #58
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by foquack View Post
The OP returns and Good God man! I leave my thread for 36 hours, and you all went bonkers! Thank you for all your help, suggestions, comments, insults, jokes and pronunciations.

Ha ha well, I for one can say I neeeeed my ABS. That scare I had coming up to the stop light was wicked. i think people need ABS because when you have to slam on brakes at a moments notice, you have enough trouble NOT smacking into the car infront of you, let alone worrying how to correct a fishtailing back end at the same time!

ABS is tough in winter...and I got a 2WD... so will be fun to see how it handles in snow. I am coming from a 2000 Subaru Forrester, 4WD. Used to love doing donuts in a snow covered parking lot with it.

SOOOOOOO! Here's the grand update on the original post about my ABS not working. Turns out: it was not the fuse, but the fuse BLADES in the fuse holder itself. Out of the two blades that go into the fuse, one was sunk down enough that it was making intermittent contact with the fuse, hence the ABS/brake light going cuckoo.

So glad and relieved to say: problem solved.

PS, I managed to switch the terminals on the battery up because, yes, the cables fit correctly that way. I swapped the OEM for a Optima Yellow Top. The cables did not reach with the battery in the correct polarity, and in my haste I said, great, done. Did not look at the + and - and before ya know it SHHHHWWWAAAPPP! Sparks, horn went crazy, fuses popped, and I said "eh... won't be too bad right?"

Luckily, I was right.

...This time

Glad it all worked out for you...you'll never make that mistake again...and neither will many others because of this thread.

Often it's the things we think would never happen that sneak up and bite us in the A$$!
Old 05-07-2011, 06:29 AM   #59

Congrats
Old 05-08-2011, 12:22 PM   #60
foquack is on a distinguished road
Name: Andy
foquack's Tacoma Gallery
Thank God for fuses is right... they certainly did their job. Thanks again for all your guys' help. Really appreciate it, specially on my first post. What nice people you all are! Now to finish installing my sound system... just waiting on the tweeters to come in.