1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sheared Stud on Air Fuel Sensor Replacement

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by nrkendig, May 5, 2011.

1. May 5, 2011 at 11:16 AM
    nrkendig

nrkendig [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma 3.4 2wd
    I was replacing the upstream air fuel sensor on my 2002 Tacoma 3.4 V6 2wd in response to a P1135 error code.

I foolishly applied torque to the nut that was apparently cross threaded (it was very stubborn coming off as well.....I knew there was some problem) and sheared the stud that comes out of the exhaust for the sensor to mount to.

Anyone have any ideas for me? Is this stud replaceable? Or this section of the exhaust?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Nathan

2. May 6, 2011 at 5:13 AM
    nrkendig

nrkendig [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma 3.4 2wd
    Thanks Anthony. I like your choice of toys...I have a 2006 CRF450X that has a street title.

Mine isn't on the header, but rather the next section of the exhaust that houses the catalytic convertor. And mine has two studs on either side of the sensor, as opposed to a collar like yours (at least that's what I think I see in your pic).

I think removing that section of the exhaust is the next step, but I'm having a lot of trouble with the nuts as they are very rusty and stuck. Been hitting them with PB Blaster to try and loosen them up. I saw that they sell aftermarket cat converters that seem to be this entire section of the exhaust for around $200.

Products Discussed in

To Top