Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

pending trouble code

Old 05-06-2011, 10:05 AM   #1
dustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dustinclm's Tacoma Gallery
pending trouble code

lately i have been getting a pending trouble code, PO136, for my 2001 2.7L. The ultra guage tells me i get the pending trouble code only when im in stop and go traffic, not at any other time. it may happen once a week r once every 2 weeks. I just clear the code but is this something that needs to be looked into since its only pending? Also, i do not get a CEL and im still getting good MPG. sometimes the truck will idle a little low (650-625rpm)when the A/C isnt running so i dont know if this has anything to do with it but it has been idling like that ever since i canremember and i never has this code pop up

*also, the truck doesnt have the rear Cat but i do have the URD sensor simulator and it has never given me problems
Old 05-08-2011, 11:07 PM   #2
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
P0136 02 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank I Sensor 2)

Bet it has everything to do with removing that rear cat as this refers to the O2 sensor furthest removed from the engine. I would guess it's probably not anything to worry about unless you have emissions down in Louisiana.