Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

P0171 and P0174 TRD Supercharger

Old 05-08-2011, 07:02 PM   #1
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
P0171 and P0174 TRD Supercharger

This is on my parents truck. It is a 2008 4.0 with 36k miles and a TRD supercharger. I installed the supercharger 26 days and 750 miles ago and it hasn't had a problem, but on friday when it was started the light came on and even when it was warm it was idling at 1200 and fluctuating between 1600 and 1200 like somebody was tapping the petal.

P0171:System too Lean (Bank 1)
P0174:System too Lean (Bank 2)

I had it reflashed the day I installed it. Anybody have any ideas what to check or replace? I can interchange parts with my truck if needed.

EDIT: I already cleaned the MAF and checked for leaks, so im at a loss.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:37 PM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bump
Old 05-11-2011, 08:10 PM   #3

so the codes went away for a day and i thought the truck was running well, but today on inspection the codes are back and it started to misfire, blinking check engine light, so IDK. Im getting it towed to the dealership tomorrow.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:18 PM   #4

Well if anybody searches for this the problem was a cracked injector seal.