Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

No Check Engine Light

Old 05-12-2011, 06:01 PM   #1
koozer22 is on a distinguished road
koozer22's Tacoma Gallery
No Check Engine Light

I just got my 2006 Prerunner V6 and took it to get emissions testing. The check engine light does not come on when the key is turned to "on". (Never thought I would actually want it to come on!)
My first thought was that there was a bad bulb, but I took out the instrument cluster and discovered there are no bulbs, just lights on the board. All other lights are coming on.

They found to OBD codes - both for the camshaft position sensor. I am going to replace that this weekend, but have no clue where to go for getting the check engine light back on
Old 05-12-2011, 07:10 PM   #3
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by koozer22 View Post
I just got my 2006 Prerunner V6 and took it to get emissions testing. The check engine light does not come on when the key is turned to "on". (Never thought I would actually want it to come on!)
My first thought was that there was a bad bulb, but I took out the instrument cluster and discovered there are no bulbs, just lights on the board. All other lights are coming on.

They found to OBD codes - both for the camshaft position sensor. I am going to replace that this weekend, but have no clue where to go for getting the check engine light back on
Did you got truck used ?
It looks like somebody remove the light to mask the sensor problem
Old 05-12-2011, 07:20 PM   #4
Are the lights soldered in? If so, what's the best way to replace them.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:24 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Yeah they are soldered. Any good electronics guy should be able to change it.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:54 AM   #6
Any idea where to buy the replacement bulbs? Just called Toyota dealership, and the only solution they have for me is to replace the whole instrument cluster for $280!