Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Are shackles stock?

Old 05-14-2011, 08:00 PM   #1
stuckinmud is on a distinguished road
Name: Neal
stuckinmud's Tacoma Gallery
Are shackles stock?

Hello, just wondering...but do Tacoma's come factory stock with shackle's on the rear? I have a 2003 Tacoma TRD that I recently bought, I was installing new rear shocks and noticed that the truck is equipped with shackles, is this stock or has the previous owner made this mod? Thanks!
Old 05-14-2011, 08:05 PM   #2
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Shackles are a standard component of any (certainly most) leaf spring suspensions.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:33 PM   #3
stuckinmud is on a distinguished road
Name: Neal
stuckinmud's Tacoma Gallery
Oh ok...thankyou.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:37 PM   #4
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
There are shackles on 1st gens, but not the 2nd gens.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:45 PM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
There are shackles on 1st gens, but not the 2nd gens.
Are you suggesting that my truck does not have shackles at all? There's certainly something on the leaf spring mounts that I would refer to as a shackle....
Old 05-14-2011, 08:48 PM   #9
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-14-2011, 08:50 PM   #10
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Doh!
Old 07-01-2011, 08:34 PM   #11
Dmxsam123 is on a distinguished road
Name: sean
Dmxsam123's Tacoma Gallery
I was wondering what is the best way to lift the back of my 2011 Tacoma since it appeared I can not use shackles........ I'm looking for 1 inch lift approximately but I don't want to negatively change the ride of the truck