Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

NEED HELP TONIGHT URD MAF CALIBRATOR

Old 05-15-2011, 10:04 PM   #1
06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Cornelius Fire Department and Metro West Ambulance
Name: Robert
06TRDZombieHunter's Tacoma Gallery
NEED HELP TONIGHT URD MAF CALIBRATOR

I've installed the URD MAF Calibrator and its been giving me hell all weekend. I have been in contact with Gadget the entire time, we have the vacuum line hooked up to the intake manifold, and the tricky green and purple wires attached to the proper location on the ECU and going to the sensor itself.

The wiring and vac line are setup exactly as Gadget and his instructions describe.

The truck runs, but does not take well to throttle input. There is no check engine light on .. and I can drive it under gentle input... but as soon as I have to give it a little more throttle to go up a slight grade for example, the engine RPMS jump all over and it coughs and sputters terribly.

Does anybody have one and can tell me what I did wrong or whats going on?
I have to drive this rig to work and school tomorrow.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:10 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
If everything is wired up correctly then you might have a bad tune or bad MAF cal. Did you buy the unit new?
Old 05-15-2011, 10:37 PM   #3
06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bought the MAF calibrator from URD brand new. Prior to installation everything on my truck was running like a top. (Perfectly) I bought it with hopes of better MPG and power.. as suggested by URD's site.

Thanks man, anything else?
Old 05-15-2011, 10:39 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Have you tried removing it?
Old 05-15-2011, 10:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Have you tried removing it?
Yeah, I took it off and on like 4 times. Finally now it runs like it does.. Before it was worse, cause I didn't have the vacuum line hooked to anything, (not listed in the instructions) but after emails to Gadget I got that ironed out.

Now that its soldered its permanent.

??