Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Question about 08 tacos

Old 10-04-2008, 07:42 PM   #1
damageINC is on a distinguished road
damageINC's Tacoma Gallery
Question about 08 tacos

Hey all,

I'm in the market to pick up an 08 Tacoma here in Socal and it looks like I can get a decent deal. I had a couple questions about 08's though so I figured this would be a good place to ask. First, does the TRD sport package come with Electronic Stability Control? Second, the truck I can get a deal on doesn't have side impact airbags in it. The dealer said 08's don't have em which I know isn't true. So if I wanted to get them installed post purchase is it possible and would it be prohibitively expensive to do so?
Old 10-04-2008, 07:55 PM   #2
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by damageINC View Post
Hey all,

I'm in the market to pick up an 08 Tacoma here in Socal and it looks like I can get a decent deal. I had a couple questions about 08's though so I figured this would be a good place to ask. First, does the TRD sport package come with Electronic Stability Control? Second, the truck I can get a deal on doesn't have side impact airbags in it. The dealer said 08's don't have em which I know isn't true. So if I wanted to get them installed post purchase is it possible and would it be prohibitively expensive to do so?
08 does not come with it, they were options and hard to find!
the 09 comes with them standard now... that's what i got... 08 are dirty cheap thou!
Old 10-04-2008, 08:00 PM   #3
damageINC is on a distinguished road
damageINC's Tacoma Gallery
@linkfeeney: Thanks. Yeah they're really cheap now that 09's are showing up. I really like the side airbags, but the other new features just seem like electronic crap that can short or break. I'd rather get an 08. The dealer said I could walk off the lot for around 23k. So we'll see.