Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Steering Wheel control wires

Old 10-06-2008, 11:30 AM   #1
jabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of light

jabrackin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jabrackin
Steering Wheel control wires

I have a 2008 TRd offroad tacoma. It came with a regular steering wheel and a single disc player. I recently put in a stock 6 cd changer. Does anyone know if the wiring is already there if i wanted to put in a wheel with audio controls?
Old 10-07-2008, 09:06 PM   #2
nighthawk87 will become famous soon enoughnighthawk87 will become famous soon enough
nighthawk87's Tacoma Gallery
I would like to know this also...I miss my steering wheel controls from the Lexus and couldn't find the truck I wanted with them...so I bought without
Old 10-22-2008, 08:33 PM   #3
Kaybat is on a distinguished road

Kaybat's Tacoma Gallery
+1

I'd bet the farm their all pre-wired for the remotes.....haven't had a chance to look into it yet.

ps-i don't own a farm
Old 08-28-2010, 08:12 PM   #4
DR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to behold

DR Da_da's Tacoma Gallery
Bump

Any luck with this project? If I scored the factory 6-disc changer and picked up the steering wheel controls, what wiring is required between the HU and the steering wheel to make the controls work?

This web page here shows the process for adding steering wheel controls to a foreign-released toyota vehicle, but the wiring behind the radio and under the steering column (more specifically, the terminals used, pin positions, and wire colors) doesn't match that of Tacomas in the US. I've searched all over here and TN, but I haven't found anyone who reported the successful addition of steering wheel audio controls to a truck that did not come with them from the factory.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 02-21-2011, 12:20 PM   #5
db2 is on a distinguished road
db2's Tacoma Gallery
BUMP anybody have a solution here?
Old 03-15-2011, 08:30 PM   #6
jabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of light

jabrackin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jabrackin
The wiring is all there for this project... all you need is a new clock spring, airbag and the audio controls...... if you want to be REALLY creative.... you can buy a cover off of Ebay that is made for the airbag with audio controls and just take your cover off your current airbag and replace.