1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Clutch at 55K Miles? Midas = Fail.

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by tostidos, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Jun 4, 2011 at 10:42 AM
    tostidos

tostidos [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Apple Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 6spd
    Well alas I guess being hard on my clutch finally caught up to me. ast weekend she started slipping. So I began getting quotes from te local shops to get a new clutch installed. First off Called Toyota an they said they would do it for 1200 OTD. I went to 6 others and they all quoted me around 1100... all except Midas. They quoted me 649.99 without resurface of the flywheel. Sounding fishy I called to confirm they were going to be using the correct parts for the correct vehicle. They assured me they were.

Jump ahead to Tuesday morning. 8AM truck gets dropped off at Midas and they said it would be done at the end of the day if not early in the morning the next day... No problem. 4pm rolls around I call them up. Apparently they ordered the wrong clutch and it was going to cost me an extra 200. No biggie people make mistakes. would be in by 3pm on wednesday. would be back together by wednesday night. I also asked about the flywheel how it looked and they said it would be good to resurface.

Wednesday night rolls around. I get a call from Midas saying my Flywheel is out of limits for resurfacing... New part 149.99 and wont be there till thursday at 3pm. OK now why is it now bad and why are you just now looking at it????

Thurday comes around call them at 4..... they say it will be done by end of shift. and guess what?! they failed again.

Friday at noon another call is made... said will be done at 1:00PM. No call recieved at 1PM I show up at 3:00PM to find my truck sitting in the parking lot done....

total cost before a military discount 1100..... price from toyota 1200.... I would have paid toyota to do my clutch that dday for 1200 rather than be dicked around by these fools.

So If you want to spend more than they tell you its going to be and take 4 days to replace a clutch Go to the Midas In Sierra Vista Arizona......

Rant Over...

2. Jun 4, 2011 at 12:18 PM
    Tacoyota

Tacoyota senile member

Member:
    North of Cali, South of Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd
    4.56 gears, rear trutrac,DT header, 235/85r16 Duratracs, 2nd filter pulled, inter.wipers, Cruise control, Factory alum. whls/winter tires(2nd set), Afe pro Dry-S , Dumbo eared flaps cut down.
    Midas did something like that to me in the 1990 time frame when i was in the Navy, was in San Diego. I firmly believe they play a snag game, once you have your car with them , they start tacking on cost, also they added a driveline vibration. I wouldnt risk trusting one again anymore than I'd let Bill Clinton hire a female to help him with some mail....."licking some postage" or "be on his staff"

3. Jun 4, 2011 at 12:28 PM
    bowzerdoo77

bowzerdoo77 U.S.M.C.

Member:
    North Ogden Utah
    Vehicle:
    1997 REG CAB 4x4
    None
    wow thats Bull sh*t hope its fixed.

Products Discussed in

To Top