1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

what tire preasure you guys running

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by bowzerdoo77, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Jun 5, 2011 at 9:10 AM
    bowzerdoo77

bowzerdoo77 [OP] U.S.M.C.

Member:
    North Ogden Utah
    Vehicle:
    1997 REG CAB 4x4
    None
    I have some 295/70/18 nitto trail grapplers just wondering what tire preasure you guys are running in yours.. i know the question is going to come what do you do most of your driving on? well as you can tell by my truck its the road, not much dirt for this truck. the sidewall says max is like 80 or some crazy shit like that, but i dont want to be running them too low Im at about 45 psi. Let me know wht you think..

2. Jun 5, 2011 at 9:12 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I think you need to search for the chalk line test. What other people are riding on means almost nothing to you and your truck.
    The chalk line test will give you a baseline for your truck/tires and then you can adjust pressures from there for the ride/mpg results you want.

3. Jun 5, 2011 at 9:12 AM
    mjohn617

mjohn617 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Petaluma, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 DC TRD sprt silver
    Haha...not doing it...can't make me!
    I have the 285s of your tire, I run around 35psi

The sidewall is stated for max....don't even think about running them that high!

40psi should be max for an empty truck, that was a little too high for me. The sweet spot for these tires on my rig for daily driving is 33-37psi.

4. Jun 5, 2011 at 9:14 AM
    bowzerdoo77

bowzerdoo77 [OP] U.S.M.C.

Member:
    North Ogden Utah
    Vehicle:
    1997 REG CAB 4x4
    None
    sounds good ill do that thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top