1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Vibration issues

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Tarik, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Jun 10, 2011 at 11:33 PM
    Tarik

Tarik [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego California
    Spidertrax wheel spacers Avid bed rack Avid sliders 285/75/16 BFG KO2 Black vent rings TRD red start button Screen protection ProComp 3.5 lift
    I posted this in the TSB section, but wanted to post here in the tech section for help.

1. I recently had the Harsh Ride TSB performed. I noticed immediately after I left the dealer that there's a vibration in the steering wheel at 20mph (quick, slight, and definite vibration...too fast, it seems, to be a misbalanced tire for example). I'm aware of the tranny vibration tsb that replaces the rubber tranny mounts, but my truck was fine before the harsh ride TSB was performed... is it just a bad alignment (part of the tsb), more driveline vibration due to stiffer suspension (at a highly specific speed=22-23mph on the dot), or something else triggered by the tsb work?
    Any ideas?
    2. Since new (4 weeks old- 2011 DC 4x4 TRD Off Road), I have a rear end vibration at the end of first gear before it shifts in to second (unrelated to my recent work because it was there before my tsb was done...). Anyone heard of this one?
    Any help on these would be great. I am taking my truck back to the dealer but I know I'll get no satisfaction.

Products Discussed in

To Top