Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

FOB reprogram, now Keyless entry won't work...

Old 06-16-2011, 08:18 PM   #1
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
FOB reprogram, now Keyless entry won't work...

So I tried programming my keyless entry and followed these exact steps:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...-function.html

and now my keyless entry doesn't work at all. Buttons don't do anything. Can someone help me?
Old 06-16-2011, 08:20 PM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroskier View Post
So I tried programming my keyless entry and followed these exact steps:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...-function.html

and now my keyless entry doesn't work at all. Buttons don't do anything. Can someone help me?
'Did you try to reprogram it again?
Old 06-17-2011, 03:50 PM   #3
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
'Did you try to reprogram it again?
I tried 6 times following the instructions given
Old 06-17-2011, 03:54 PM   #4
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
The only thing I got in mind is disconnect the battery and try again. Other than that......
Old 06-19-2011, 10:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
The only thing I got in mind is disconnect the battery and try again. Other than that......
Tried and didn't work. Could I take it to a Toyota dealership and have their service center just re-program it for me?
Old 06-20-2011, 05:33 AM   #6

Marines:
I think that's your only option unless someone else chimes in.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:22 PM   #7
It works if you work it.
fbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant future

Name: Brian
fbconvert's Tacoma Gallery
I had to do this myself and I was successful. The post I found had two separate procedures much like the one you referenced but it did not identify different out comes for each procedure.

The guy that posted the instructions said one method worked for him and the other did not. I tried the first method and no luck, then I tried the other method and I was good to go. I tried finding that post again but I can't seem to locate it. Luckly I printed off a copy and left it in my glovebox.... I think . When I get off work I will check to see if it's there, then compare the procedures to see if they are different.

Edit:

I found this procedure here

Quote:
www.programyourremote.com states for a 2006 Tacoma:

1. Start with the key out of the ignition. Open the driver door (all other doors are closed). Driver door is unlocked (other doors donít matter).

2. Perform these steps within 5 seconds
a. Insert the key into the ignition (donít turn it) Pull key out
b. Insert the key into the ignition (donít turn it) Pull key out

3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds
a. Close, then open the drivers door.
b. Close, then open the drivers door.
c. Insert the key into the ignition (donít turn it) and pull it out.

4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds
a. Close, then open the drivers door.
b. Close, then open the drivers door.
c. Insert the key into the ignition and leave in the ignition.
d. Close the drivers door, Turn the ignition to ON (as far as you can go without cranking the engine), then back to off .
e. Remove the key from the ignition.

5. Within 3 seconds, the power door locks should lock then unlock automatically indicating successful entry into programming mode. Return to step 1 if the locks do not cycle at this point.

6. Perform these steps within 40 seconds
a. Press the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter simultaneously for 1.5 seconds
b. Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons, press the lock button by itself and hold for 2 seconds. Within 3 seconds, the door locks should lock then unlock once indicating successful programming. If the door locks cycle twice, repeat steps 6a and 6b as the remote was not accepted.

7. Open drivers door

Hope this helps, I've come across the need for this type of programming on other vehicle before and I have referred to this website with success before.
Last edited by bluebell; 03-24-2008 at 05:18 PM. Reason: formatting changes
Notice the difference in step 7 of the procedure you referenced it says

Quote:
Turn the key from LOCK to ON 4 times, ending at LOCK
(LOCK - ON - LOCK - ON - LOCK - ON - LOCK - ON - LOCK)
where the one I just posted is the same up to this step it just says turn the ignition on then take the key out. you might try that.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:24 PM   #8
It works if you work it.
fbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant future

Name: Brian
fbconvert's Tacoma Gallery
Ok I found the original procedure that I used... here is the link to the original post.

It looks like the procedure is exactly like the one I posted before.

Quote:
1. Start with the following conditions: You are in the drivers seat.
a. Key is out of the ignition
b. Driver door is open (all other doors closed)
c. Driver door is unlocked (other doors don't matter)
2. Insert and remove the key from the ignition twice within 5 seconds.
3. Close and open the drivers door twice within 40 seconds.
4. Insert the key into the ignition and remove it.
5. Close and open the drivers door twice within 40 seconds.
6. Insert the key into the ignition.
7. Close the door
8. Turn the key in the ignition on and then off.
9. Remove the key from the ignition.
10. The power locks should automatically cycle once to indicate that you have successfully entered program mode.
11. Within 40 seconds of the entering program mode.
a. press both transmitter lock and unlock buttons SIMULTANEOUSLY for a duration of from 1 to 1.5 seconds.
b. within 3 seconds, press the transmitter lock button for more than 1 second and release.
c. If the transmitter has been successfully programmed, the power locks will cycle. if they do not cycle the remote has not been accepted.
d. If multiple NEW remotes are to be programmed, repeat steps A-C.
12. Open the driver's door.
Let me know if this works for you.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:28 PM   #9
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Replce the battery in your fob. Then try the programming. A week or bad battery would cause it not to program.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:39 PM   #10
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
Had the same issue and just bought my truck (new) in January. I took my bad fob with me to dealership when I got my oil changed a couple days ago.

Took their tech 45 minutes to eventually get it to work. He looked like an idiot opening/closing my driver's door 500 times! Hilarious because I had not read about reprogramming until now--I had no idea what he was doing--now I do. Now I feel for him. FYI, they ordered me a new fob just in case.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:48 PM   #11
maju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Retired
maju's Tacoma Gallery
here is a video of how to program the key fob

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQmpL...embedded#at=18
Old 06-24-2011, 04:07 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbconvert View Post
I had to do this myself and I was successful. The post I found had two separate procedures much like the one you referenced but it did not identify different out comes for each procedure.

The guy that posted the instructions said one method worked for him and the other did not. I tried the first method and no luck, then I tried the other method and I was good to go. I tried finding that post again but I can't seem to locate it. Luckly I printed off a copy and left it in my glovebox.... I think . When I get off work I will check to see if it's there, then compare the procedures to see if they are different.

Edit:

I found this procedure here

Notice the difference in step 7 of the procedure you referenced it says

where the one I just posted is the same up to this step it just says turn the ignition on then take the key out. you might try that.

Thanks man, I went to that website and selected my Year, and it worked great. And thanks to all that helped me on this thread, I thought it was lost forever in the dead-thread world. Appreciate it, you all are great
Old 08-23-2011, 06:50 AM   #13
Tacoma TSS
dalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dale
dalesrn's Tacoma Gallery
fbconvert's method works perfectly! I used it this afternoon b/c one of my remotes stopped working. Originally thought it was the battery, but it was not. Thought I was going to have to buy a new remote, but I decided to look on the trusty Tacoma World, and there it was -- "How to reprogram a remote"

I love this site! Tacoma owners are awesome!
Old 06-02-2014, 06:07 PM   #14
Srpat is on a distinguished road
Name: Shawn
Srpat's Tacoma Gallery
Can't get to step 5 where the locks cycle to recognize program mode. Any ideas anybody?
Old 06-03-2014, 06:13 PM   #16
Srpat's Tacoma Gallery
Had the Fob checked out. It's emitting a signal -- just not one that opens the doors. I've been trying the programming sequence and I can't get to the step where the locks cycle on and off once to indicate that it's in programming mode. This is before you even get to the part where you use the Fob to get it programmed.

Any ideas? I can't be the only one to have a problem getting to this programming mode.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:39 PM   #17
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srpat View Post
Had the Fob checked out. It's emitting a signal -- just not one that opens the doors. I've been trying the programming sequence and I can't get to the step where the locks cycle on and off once to indicate that it's in programming mode. This is before you even get to the part where you use the Fob to get it programmed.

Any ideas? I can't be the only one to have a problem getting to this programming mode.
Have u had a fob before ????
If not, you may not have the keyless in your vehicle.
Not all had keyless.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:30 PM   #18
Srpat's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, I had a working fob until it decided to not work anymore.

Has anybody else had problems getting into programming mode? Or is there anything to check inside the drivers? side door to see if the transmitter is bad?
Old 06-05-2014, 03:14 PM   #19
Srpat's Tacoma Gallery
Bump.
Old 06-05-2014, 03:26 PM   #20
Srpat's Tacoma Gallery
I notice on the videos that when you insert the key, the truck beeps. My truck has never done that with the key in the ignition and the door open. Is this preventing me from getting into program mode? And how do I fix it?