Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

A/C not blowing cold...compressor or system recharge?

Old 06-27-2011, 09:28 PM   #1
Graham.R is on a distinguished road
Name: Graham
Graham.R's Tacoma Gallery
A/C not blowing cold...compressor or system recharge?

I have had my 06 tacoma for about 4 months now and the A/C dosnt seem to blow very cold. Im just curious if the compressor will kick in if the system needs to be re charged? I dont hear the compressor kick in now, just woundering if it's worth getting it re charged or is it mabye the compressor itself, fuse, plugged lines etc..
Old 06-27-2011, 09:33 PM   #2
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
if its very low on freon ,the compressor will not come on.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:54 AM   #3
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
The only way to tell what's going on is to put a set of gauges on it. It will tell you what each side of the system is doing.
Underfilling or overfilling causes the same problems=loss/poor cooling. Buy/borrow gauges, google the correct readings/causes, and go from there.

Let me know what you find.

Freon is r-12. Suva is R-134a