Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

question about fuel pump

Old 06-27-2011, 09:36 PM   #1
Silvert is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeff
Silvert's Tacoma Gallery
question about fuel pump

I have a 2010 Tacoma reg. cab, 4 cylinder, 5 speed. Today, a good hour after I parked it in the garage I could hear a humming noise from the left rear. It sounded like the fuel pump was running. I turned the key on and off again and it stopped. Any ideas out there? Thanks, Jeff
Old 06-27-2011, 09:57 PM   #2
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
next time you hear it,loosen the gas cap and see if it goes away.it maybe venting the pressure from the fuel tank.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:39 AM   #3
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
I've had this happen to me on my 2011. Similar senario, parked in the garage on a warm day. I'm pretty sure it was the fuel pump venting the tank. I loosened the gas cap and a rush of air came out. The pump stopped immediately. I've wanted to look it up on a schematic to verify, just haven't taken the time.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:47 AM   #4
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
That is the EVAP system working, not the fuel pump. It tests the vaccuum of the fuel system, checking for leaks.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:26 PM   #5
Silvert is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeff
Silvert's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the great tips!
Silvert
Old 06-29-2011, 09:27 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytower View Post
That is the EVAP system working, not the fuel pump. It tests the vaccuum of the fuel system, checking for leaks.
X2. It does it after about 7 hours. It even says so in the manual.