Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

how much weight on shell mounted roof rack

Old 06-29-2011, 09:20 AM   #1
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
how much weight on shell mounted roof rack

So, I have a lightweight aluminum fishing boat, and I need a good way to transport it, I dont want to use my trailer all the time.

I was thinking of getting a rack to mount onto my shell, but I am unsure if it will hold the weight...

boat is under 200#, and I would use the mounts that bolt through the upper side of the shell.

any ideas?

mounted like this...

Old 06-29-2011, 10:03 AM   #2
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
The limiting factor is the cap roof , I think 150 - 200 lbs is what most are rated for .
Old 06-29-2011, 11:46 AM   #3
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Does it fit in the bed? If so, a hitch mounted extended rest might work.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:13 PM   #4
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
it fits, but sticks way out the back, and then greatly limits what will fit in the bed...
Old 06-29-2011, 08:19 PM   #5
Superx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joey
Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
you need to get yourself one of these!! i got one for fathers day. havnt used it yet, but its awsome and i know that it will work great.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:22 PM   #6

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
like I said, sticks out too far, and limits what I can put IN the bed. not gona work for me.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:29 PM   #7
Superx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
how big is that light weight boat?
Old 06-29-2011, 08:31 PM   #8

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
12 feet.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:34 PM   #9

Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
the extender sticks out like 4'. my boat that im gonna use that for is 13'5"-13'6". it would stick out approx. 80" past my bed.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:38 PM   #10

Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
wouldnt be too bad. looks silly, but i think it would work great for ya. i will quit buggin ya. good luck.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:46 PM   #11

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure it would work, but that's not what I want to do...

anyone have experience with the canopy mounted rack?
Old 06-29-2011, 09:23 PM   #12
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Ross

A couple guys mounted their own canopy racks in this thread , might be worth a pm or two

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ck-instal.html
Old 06-29-2011, 10:01 PM   #13

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
nice, thanks!