Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Mass air flow

Old 06-30-2011, 01:08 PM   #1
JDenny15 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
JDenny15's Tacoma Gallery
Mass air flow

Has anyone had problems with the mass air flow sensors on the 05 tacoma? I recently have been going through 1 to 2 sensors a week, and took it in to get checked and toyota told me nothing was wrong with the truck... they said that it was the after market O'Rilley's sensors that kept failing, and that if i get the toyota oem sensor it would work great. has anyone ever used an aftermarket sensor and had similar troubles?
Old 06-30-2011, 06:24 PM   #2
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Are you sure it's the sensor and not the wiring? That seems like an awfully high failure rate.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:25 AM   #3
I rewired the harness, and checked voltage drops and resistance and all is good is the wiring. toyota checked it over too. that was what i thought went wrong...
Old 07-01-2011, 07:31 AM   #4
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Have you tried cleaning or checking your air filter? maybe you have a big hole in it and dirts pelting your sensor?
Old 07-01-2011, 07:32 AM   #5
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OOOOOOH, wait you have the URD TCAI intake system? do you have the water shield that the new ones came with? the original ones have issues in moist climates
Old 07-01-2011, 07:44 AM   #6
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Did they take a look at the hoses between the MAF and the intake. Maybe it has a leak. What code were you getting?
Old 07-01-2011, 01:30 PM   #7
i have the pre filter on the intake. i checked all the hoses, no leaks. i cleaned the filter and tried it dry and oiled, and both ways popped mass air flow sensors. I ordered up a toyota mass air flow, and toyota seems to think that will fix my problems, so we'll see.....
Old 07-01-2011, 01:32 PM   #8
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Tacomas are famous for not liking aftermarket sensors. Try getting a Denso from rockauto.com (or anywhere but the stealership). You've probably already spent enough to buy 2 of them.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:45 PM   #9

Good luck
Old 07-01-2011, 02:52 PM   #10
i already spent enough to get three or four.... but i talked the stealership into putting on a one year warranty on the sensor. but if i goes out i'll check out that site. thanks