Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Anyone know what this is?

Old 07-02-2011, 10:12 AM   #1
MattDubs has a spectacular aura aboutMattDubs has a spectacular aura aboutMattDubs has a spectacular aura about

MattDubs's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know what this is?

Found it in the glove box when I bought my truck. (06 dbl cab) looks like some kind if plunger thingie?

Attached Thumbnails
Anyone know what this is?-photo.jpg  
Old 07-02-2011, 10:13 AM   #3
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
its the "shock" to the glove box. it goes on the right side of it.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:14 AM   #4
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
It's the shock that keeps your glovebox from slamming down when you open it. It's supposed to be installed on the righthand side of the glovebox, you'll notice a nipple on the glove box for it to grab plus one in the dash area.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:24 AM   #5
MattDubs has a spectacular aura aboutMattDubs has a spectacular aura aboutMattDubs has a spectacular aura about

Thanks, guess that explains why I found it in the glove box.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:42 AM   #6
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Should be able to find pictures of it installed on any of the cabin air filter threads, fyi. If it's just laying in there, then it probably kept falling off.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:50 AM   #8
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Take care putting that pos back in...I think Toyota designed it to break off tabs when re-installing.

Edit: chances are you have a tab already broke off if it's sitting in the glove box. There's a thread around here that shows how to fix that problem with a screw.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:54 AM   #9

thanks again everyone, I just went out and looked at it. It snapped right back on. My cabin air filter was dirty, so I cleaned that too.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:41 PM   #10
sparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nice

Name: Sparky
sparkystaco's Tacoma Gallery
Go to logical-source.com and you can buy new cabin filters for under 4.00 plus shipping, I bought 3 for the same shipping price as 1, so now I just replace it every year