1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best & Cheapest KILL SWITCH

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by abbywig, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Jul 3, 2011 at 1:14 PM
    abbywig

abbywig [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Beaverton,Oregon
    Vehicle:
    1997 Toyota Tacoma
    I have a 1997 Taco but I don't see why this won't work on any "Stick Shift" ( sorry automatics). First disconnect the clutch override switch in your dash. I just cut the wires under the dash but left enough wire in case I ever wanted to connect it again. This is easier to do if you remove the lower part of the dash to get to the wires. Next remove the switch that allows your car to start when you push the clutch in to start the car. I then cut the wire that connects the switch and once again left enough wire in case I wanted to reconnect it. I might add that I left the Clutch over-ride switch in the dash so everything looks stock.

Okay all you have to do is decide is where you want your "Kill switch" located. I soldered my new wire to the wire where the switch was and ran it under the floor rug and located the switch under my seat where it was quite difficult to see. I connected an "On/off" switch to the end under the seat. You actually could use the original switch but you would have to hold it in while you starting the car ...... not very convenient !

That's all there is to it and it works like a charm and everything looks completely stock. It took me all of 15 minutes to complete once I decide what I wanted to do and where I wanted to put the switch.

Have fun !!!!!!! :)

Bill

Products Discussed in

To Top