Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Sound Deadening.

Old 10-15-2008, 03:28 PM   #1
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Sound Deadening.

Well after some research, Ive come to the conclusion that a product called Frost King Duct Instalation is probably the best for the cost. It can be bought at Lowe's for fairly cheap ($15) for a 1ft x 15ft roll. Has anyone used this? Im thinking of picking some up to help with the road noise, and for a weekend project. What do you guys think?
Old 10-15-2008, 03:42 PM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
Well after some research, Ive come to the conclusion that a product called Frost King Duct Instalation is probably the best for the cost. It can be bought at Lowe's for fairly cheap ($15) for a 1ft x 15ft roll. Has anyone used this? Im thinking of picking some up to help with the road noise, and for a weekend project. What do you guys think?
try to get a good smell of it before you buy a bunch.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:44 PM   #3
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
What ive read about it is that is gives off minimal, if no smell. My truck smells like bondo and fiberglass resin becuase of that damn sub box. ohh well...
Old 08-14-2013, 10:37 PM   #4
tensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
tensecondchevelle's Tacoma Gallery
I know this is a old post, but how did the product you buy end up working out?
How's it working as far sound deadening?
Any smells?

I'm in the market for some sound deadening :-)
Old 08-15-2013, 02:28 PM   #5
Sky King is on a distinguished road

Name: Sam
Sky King's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know about the product in question here but I bought a product that was reccomended by others here on this forum called RamMat. It is much more cost effective than Dynamat. The install was tedious but worth it. Taking up all the carpet, everything on the back wall, all the door panels took time.

If you go to the RamMat web site, there is a good description of the product and a very good how-to section. Also the people at RamMat were very helpfull.

I did the entire floor, the back wall and all four doors. I did not do the roof. It made a big differance in the interior noise level and made the sound system I put in sound great.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:16 AM   #6
braik has much to be proud ofbraik has much to be proud ofbraik has much to be proud ofbraik has much to be proud ofbraik has much to be proud ofbraik has much to be proud ofbraik has much to be proud ofbraik has much to be proud ofbraik has much to be proud ofbraik has much to be proud of
braik's Tacoma Gallery
How did it go OP? Any follow up?