Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Can you drill through the composite bed?

Old 07-06-2011, 12:58 PM   #1
gravlbely is on a distinguished road

Name: Eric
gravlbely's Tacoma Gallery
Can you drill through the composite bed?

I'm planning on building a bicycle rack using angle iron and want to bolt it to the inside of the bed of my 07 taco. Do you need a special drill bit to drill through the composite bed? Maybe like a concrete bit or something. I haven't tried yet and haven't found any posts about it. Just thought I'd ask before I start burning up drill bits.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:59 PM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Normal drillbit works fine.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:00 PM   #3
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Super easy to drill. I used bits meant for metal and they cut right in like butter.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:08 PM   #4
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
What they said ^^^

a side note, wear glasses, some thing to cover your nose and mouth, and long sleves and gloves are great if it's not too hot out. the dust it puts off is very itchy
Old 07-06-2011, 03:48 PM   #5
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure there is nothing behind where you are drilling. Keep in mind how long your drill bit is too.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:29 AM   #6
gravlbely is on a distinguished road

Name: Eric
gravlbely's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. It's always smart to research before you start cutting or drilling on things. I appreciate the feed back.