Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Getting truck ready for college

Old 07-07-2011, 10:17 AM   #1
07SportTaco is on a distinguished road
07SportTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Getting truck ready for college

Hey guys, I have an 07 trd sport 4x4 with 79,000 miles. I am going to go through and change the fluids. I plan on doing the front diff, rear diff, transfer case, and transmission. Is there anything Im missing? Should I pass on the spark plugs? I am going to college soon and want to get it ready to go. Thanks guys
Old 07-07-2011, 10:19 AM   #2
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Have you ever changed the spark plugs? If not, then yeah you should def do them.. I do mine about every 30K miles.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:27 AM   #3
07SportTaco is on a distinguished road
07SportTaco's Tacoma Gallery
ok which plugs did you go with, the stock ones?
Old 07-07-2011, 10:35 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
Have you ever changed the spark plugs? If not, then yeah you should def do them.. I do mine about every 30K miles.
x2, change the plugs if it hasn't been done already. I used stock ones even though they're overpriced...

Also, grease all the zerks on the drive line and check or replace the air filter and you can clean the cabin air filter (not required, does not affect the truck's performance). It'll most likely be due for a new one if it's the original.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:36 AM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07SportTaco View Post
ok which plugs did you go with, the stock ones?
Yup. Like $20 for all 6 at the dealer. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...e-1-gr-fe.html