1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

help please.. shorted out truck

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by rollingtaco, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Jul 10, 2011 at 3:13 PM
    rollingtaco

rollingtaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    kj
    new mexico
    Vehicle:
    silver, 4dr, supercharged
    Trd supercharger with urd injectors and fuel pump custom tune, aem intake trd headers and exhaust, smaller urd pulley, 6inch fabtech with 33" on 18x10 wheels.
    hello i am asking for help this is my first post.. i follow all the mods and threads on here just never post. any way i need some help. i have a 07 tacoma 4x4 i was trying to disable my abs vsc and trac. i did what the post said bout taking the blue and yellow stripped wire from the 4x4 module behind the dash and grounding that out. i did so and when i did it sparked and now i have no a/c nor fan my fog lights dont work nor all my windows. i checked all fuses they were good but not recieving any power to them. i put it back the way it was and now its beeping and all the abs trac and brake light is on... does any one know how i could fix this. thanks guys:mad:

2. Jul 10, 2011 at 3:29 PM
    CopDoctor

CopDoctor Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 335i
    BMS Intake, JB4 chip, Plastidip everywhere
    there's got to be a fuse out somewhere..i would double check

3. Jul 10, 2011 at 3:49 PM
    rollingtaco

Member:
    First Name:
    kj
    new mexico
    Vehicle:
    Trd supercharger with urd injectors and fuel pump custom tune, aem intake trd headers and exhaust, smaller urd pulley, 6inch fabtech with 33" on 18x10 wheels.
    i checked every single one in both locations all are good even with the fuse out the window and ignitions are not getting power. i dont know what else to do or how a little short in the 4x4 module would affect all the other things

4. Jul 10, 2011 at 4:03 PM
    jrgroucho

jrgroucho Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    2010 AC SR5 BSP
    Hose Clamp, No Seatbelt Chime, Husky Floor Liners, BHLM, sockmonkey Tailgate Decal, Wet Okole Covers/Armrests,
    Did you try turning it off and then on again?
    I'm only half joking. Try disconnecting the battery for 15-20 min and then reconnect.
    It can't hurt.

5. Jul 10, 2011 at 4:06 PM
    rollingtaco

Member:
    First Name:
    kj
    new mexico
    Vehicle:
    i tried that too, left it disconnected over night. even tried to disable the system again from under the hood in the same harness. im kinda stumped dont know why or what happened. and it so hot to keep windows up with no ac.

6. Jul 10, 2011 at 4:07 PM
    rollingtaco

Member:
    First Name:
    kj
    new mexico
    Vehicle:
    but for some reason it wont disable so dont know

7. Jul 10, 2011 at 4:12 PM
    rrh_2

rrh_2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Devine texas
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma 4x4 sr5 dc
    6" pro comp stage one lift ome 885's, 5100's,bhlm, billet grille, lights behind grille, k&n cai , tinted Led tails, tinted 3rd brake light, Lotek a pillar, color matched grille mirrors and door handles, trd seat covers, blacked out windows, color matched engine cover, in-dash flip out screen 2 10'' kicker subs
    im not trying to scare you but i had that same problem before and the stealership told me my anti skid control was shorted out it ended up costing me 1700.00 bucks to fix ive heard of other people having the same exact problem and it was just a blown relay

8. Jul 10, 2011 at 4:15 PM
    rollingtaco

Member:
    First Name:
    kj
    new mexico
    Vehicle:
    wow.. thats alot. did u have he window and ac not working as well as all the lights. and whoe did urs happen. do u know where this relay is so i can check it. thanks

9. Jul 10, 2011 at 4:29 PM
    rrh_2

rrh_2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Devine texas
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma 4x4 sr5 dc
    6" pro comp stage one lift ome 885's, 5100's,bhlm, billet grille, lights behind grille, k&n cai , tinted Led tails, tinted 3rd brake light, Lotek a pillar, color matched grille mirrors and door handles, trd seat covers, blacked out windows, color matched engine cover, in-dash flip out screen 2 10'' kicker subs
    i am looking now when i had my problems it was the a/c windows all my guages quit working and all kinds of lights came on

10. Jul 10, 2011 at 4:33 PM
    rrh_2

rrh_2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Devine texas
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma 4x4 sr5 dc
    J/B 50amp and IG1 no.2.... i hope for ur walets sack that i have helped u because if its not these two then chances are its gunna be expensive

11. Jul 10, 2011 at 4:57 PM
    rollingtaco

Member:
    First Name:
    kj
    new mexico
    Vehicle:
    just checked those two and the fuses are good checked them on my meter but getting no power to them. should i just take it to dealer. i just do all my work and this has me lost so i dont know what else to do... thanks alot for ur help

12. Jul 10, 2011 at 5:13 PM
    rrh_2

rrh_2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Devine texas
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma 4x4 sr5 dc
    i took mine to the dealer... i have always done all of the work on my Tacoma but i was lost when this happened to me.
    this is what they said was wrong with mine.photo17_2_0f1b55cc5bb72b36b985b01efb0ea338047bde9b.jpg

13. Jul 10, 2011 at 6:41 PM
    rollingtaco

Member:
    First Name:
    kj
    new mexico
    Vehicle:
    what is that called and what does it have to do with the 4x4 and windows and ac abs and trac control. i hope its some thing simple i may just run it in to mar. is that some kind of ecu

14. Jul 10, 2011 at 6:48 PM
    rrh_2

rrh_2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Devine texas
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma 4x4 sr5 dc
    its the abs anti skid control module...

15. Jul 10, 2011 at 6:55 PM
    jivewalker

jivewalker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack MeHoff
    Chucktown
    Vehicle:
    2012 4RUNNER TE w/KDSS, 2017 LAND CRUISER
    use your meter and work backwards from the fuse block(s) until you find the break or last place that you have 12v, then you will know where the short is and maybe save some coin. Hope you figure it out. Troubleshoot it as detailed as you can before giving it up to the dealer.

16. Jul 10, 2011 at 7:47 PM
    rollingtaco

Member:
    First Name:
    kj
    new mexico
    Vehicle:
    Ok I will try that now thanks walker

17. Jul 10, 2011 at 8:56 PM
    rollingtaco

Member:
    First Name:
    kj
    new mexico
    Vehicle:
    i know this sounds dumb cuz i also have my journey man electrical licence but after two days of testin it was the jb 50 and ignition 2 fuses blown. i dont see how cuz i checked every one visual with a meter and a test light. dont know how i missed it but u guys saved me a 1700 dolla abs box. so thanks for all ur fast and helpful responses.

18. Jul 10, 2011 at 9:02 PM
    jivewalker

jivewalker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack MeHoff
    Chucktown
    Vehicle:
    2012 4RUNNER TE w/KDSS, 2017 LAND CRUISER
    Kudos to you for figuring it out! :D

Products Discussed in

To Top