Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Any tricks to reinstalling the rear corner steps?

Old 07-14-2011, 07:17 PM   #1
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Any tricks to reinstalling the rear corner steps?

The plastic pieces that sit on top of the oem bumper. I removed all the pieces to plastidip the rear bumper, and well, I should've just taped it off! Those corner pieces are designed to be installed w/ the bumper off, thats for sure. Anybody have a trick to install the plastic steps while the bumper is still on the truck?
Old 07-14-2011, 07:20 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris(NJ) View Post
The plastic pieces that sit on top of the oem bumper. I removed all the pieces to plastidip the rear bumper, and well, I should've just taped it off! Those corner pieces are designed to be installed w/ the bumper off, thats for sure. Anybody have a trick to install the plastic steps while the bumper is still on the truck?
It was a huge pain in the ass even with the bumper off so dont be kicking yourself too much.

No tips really fro me, it just took a while to getnthose little tabs lines up so everything slides in right.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:32 PM   #3
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
ok cool, thanks. I'll spend some more time w/ it tomorrow. I think I have the driver side locked in. It seems pretty tight, so I'm going to assume its good, lol. Passenger side....still fighting me.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:48 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Ha it was the drivers side that was a bitch for me....I still think only one clip has been holding it on for the last year.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:07 AM   #5

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Ha it was the drivers side that was a bitch for me....I still think only one clip has been holding it on for the last year.
Got it today! I'm pretty sure its one clip that is now holding mine on too, lol. Either way, I'm not fuckin w/ it unless it falls off