1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bed Shake

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by TacoRocco, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Jul 23, 2011 at 6:14 PM
    TacoRocco

TacoRocco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Niagara Region, ON
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD OffRoad
    OME 2 inch lift
    Just wondering if The bed shaking and thumping when going on rough roads is normal for a Tacoma P/U?

I got some massive shake goin on.

2. Jul 23, 2011 at 6:23 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    What are you comparing it to that they are "massive"??
    I mean it's mounted to the frame at a few points and everything is hung off from there....so yeah...stuff is gunna shake a bit.
    If it's hitting the cab over speed bumps or whatever...Probably worth looking into.

3. Jul 23, 2011 at 6:58 PM
    TacoRocco

Member:
    Niagara Region, ON
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD OffRoad
    OME 2 inch lift
    No bed extender or bumping against cab from what I can see.

Hmmmmm......

I had the back suspension TSB done though.

4. Jul 23, 2011 at 7:00 PM
    bowzerdoo77

bowzerdoo77 U.S.M.C.

Member:
    North Ogden Utah
    Vehicle:
    1997 REG CAB 4x4
    None
    that was a tundra problem with the 07-10 tundras when i had my 08, but this is the first time i hae ever heard it being a problem with the tacomas.

5. Jul 23, 2011 at 7:00 PM
    503TRD

503TRD Trucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Tualatin, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 4x4 DC TRD Sport
    Front Bilstein 5100's Set @ 2.5", Rear Bilstein 5100's, Rear TSB, Rear 1.5" ToyTec AAL, 1" CB Drop Kit, N-Fab Nerf Steps, WeatherTech All Weather Rubber Floor Mats, Grillcraft Grill(Upper/Lower), Blacked Out AC Condenser/Radiator, Tinted Front Windows, Vision X H4 SuperWhite Headlights, Halo H10 Solaris Yellow 45w 3000k Fog Lights, K&N Air Filter, Removed Front Mud Flaps, 18" MagnaFlow Muffler, Chrome Exhaust Tip, TRD Logo Leather Shift Knob, LED License Plate Lights, LED Interior Lights, LED Reverse Lights, LED Auxiliary Reverse Lights, Chrome TRD Badge on Tailgate, Redline Tuning Elite Hood Struts, Disabled Seatbelt Chime, Foglights Anytime, ScanGauge II, 13" Stubby Antenna, Flyzeye Design LED Light, Cobra 19 CB Radio/Firestik II Antenna, 18x9 Raceline Raptors, LT275/70/18 Hankook Dynapro ATm, 1.25" Sidertrax Wheel Spacers, Heated Front Seats, LED Tailgate Bar, 11" Double Row LED Bar Behind Grill
    Probably stupid but considering the shake is "massive" have you made sure all the bolts that secure it to the frame are tightened? er atleast not clearly loose

6. Jul 23, 2011 at 7:08 PM
    TacoRocco

Member:
    Niagara Region, ON
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD OffRoad
    OME 2 inch lift
    That's what I was thinking.

The thing is that I took a improved road this morning for about 10 miles to a new fishing spot.

Had the little back window open and could hear the shake rattle and roll in the back.

Did one of these :eek:

7. Jul 24, 2011 at 8:13 PM
    TacoRocco

Member:
    Niagara Region, ON
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD OffRoad
    OME 2 inch lift
    Found the problem:

My pintle hitch that I stowed away found its way out of it's home and was rattling in the back.

My bad :ohsnap:

Products Discussed in

To Top