1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

06 Tacoma wont start or turn over

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by RZG77, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Jul 26, 2011 at 6:32 PM
    NelsonTacoma

NelsonTacoma This is my derpawayinator!!!!!

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport 03 4Runner Limited 4wd
    Bilstein 5100's , 6000k HID Hi/Low Kit, Magnaflow Muffler, 1.5 inch AP Wheel Spacers, Mudflap Delete
    It's decent pay. The reason it doesn't pay good anymore is shops have way too much overhead costs so the mechanics pay is what suffers. Some of the older guys I work with tell me they used to get 50% of the labor rate as their hourly wage. Which means if it still worked that way I'd be making about $50 an hour:eek:. Now it's not even close. But hey it beats flipping burgers, working in an office, or no job at all. :D

2. Apr 3, 2012 at 7:49 AM
    Shadetree

Shadetree Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    BiLL
    Bozeman, Montana
    Vehicle:
    2011 Access Cab 4x2
    Locking Tailgate & Gas Cap and extra bed D-rings
    Testing an alternator by disconnecting the battery with engine running is a very bad idea because you will risk destroying the electronic components, like the ECU. The battery acts like a filter and stabilizes the AC ripple from the alternator. Most auto parts and large discount chains selling batteries will test the battery and charging system for free.

3. Sep 8, 2013 at 7:20 PM
    Scottdl99

Scottdl99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Indianapolis
    Vehicle:
    06' DC
    5100's w/884's @0, Sliders, Headlight bake w/eyelids, Rears blacked,5% tint. AFE Pro dry S, All LED interiors, Sridertrax, a few more
    I'm resurrecting this thread. I just had this same issue tonight and was able to get my truck back on the road quickly after reading the info here. Once again it's so nice having tacoma world at my finger tips!

Products Discussed in

To Top