Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

06 Tacoma wont start or turn over

Old 07-24-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
RZG77 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
RZG77's Tacoma Gallery
06 Tacoma wont start or turn over

I drove the truck earlier today and everything was fine. Jump in it tonight and it wont turn over, windows won't go down, tried jump starting and still nothing. I left the trucks connected for about 15 min and no change. Any ideas???? I have only had the truck 3 weeks, its all stock.

Thanks for the help, Ryan

p.s. what an introduction to the forum! !!
Old 07-24-2011, 05:12 PM   #2
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
My guess is battery. I've read on here many times that the truck can't be jump started and it ended up being the battery.

Oh and welcome to TW!!!!!
Old 07-24-2011, 05:53 PM   #3
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Check your IGN fuses and EFI fuses.

Check battery too..
Old 07-24-2011, 06:35 PM   #4
RZG77's Tacoma Gallery
fuses

All fuses check good, swapped relays and no change. It seems fast for the battery to die, think the alt could have went out then killed the battery? I did drive about 250 miles yesterday, could I of ran off the battery towards the end? This morning it started fine, drove about 2 miles then restarted and drove home.

Ryan
Old 07-24-2011, 06:43 PM   #5
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

You check every fuse or just those 3?

Check your ALT fuse..and doubt alternator went bad but it coulda seized up.
Shit happens.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:05 PM   #6
RZG77's Tacoma Gallery
fuses

Checked all fuses, just in case of shorts. I'm going to get a battery in the morning.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:08 PM   #7
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BlueTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
when you turn the key over does it click?
Old 07-24-2011, 07:10 PM   #8
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RZG77 View Post
Checked all fuses, just in case of shorts. I'm going to get a battery in the morning.
Let us know if it works.

You might also think of taking your old one with for testing. Just in case.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:23 PM   #9
RZG77's Tacoma Gallery
When I turn the key over it doesn't click, bit you can see the dash lights flicker. Tried turning on the head lights and could thought I could barly see a light for a sec. Radio still works, inside lights are bright. I will take the old one in to have it tested first.

Thanks again for the input,

Ryan
Old 07-24-2011, 07:24 PM   #10
JayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud of
Name: Jay
JayARRGHH's Tacoma Gallery
If all the stuff is working, it might be your starter, try hitting it with a hammer when your turning the key.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:25 PM   #11
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure your dead truck has the key in the 'ON' position when you're charging for a jump. Lights, stereo, dome light all off too.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:28 PM   #12
RZG77's Tacoma Gallery
Thought of that but the windows won't work, so I figured a electrical prob. Ill try it anyway though
Old 07-24-2011, 07:29 PM   #13
JayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZG77 View Post
Thought of that but the windows won't work, so I figured a electrical prob. Ill try it anyway though
oh thats weird, maybe not then.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:44 PM   #14
I'll eat all your food.

If you hit it with a hammer, please just gently tap it..don't whack it with a BFH.

A screwdriver usually works..but your starter isn't your problem because your not getting the famous Taco 'click'

Sounds like a battery problem..either that or a direct short between battery and IGN switch..but you'd blow a fuse if you had a direct short..so I'd predict your battery just took a shit
Old 07-25-2011, 08:17 AM   #15
RZG77's Tacoma Gallery
battery

Checked the old battery and was bad, swapped in a new one and everything works. I did disconnect the battery to make sure the alt was working too. Hopefully that's all that was wrong ......

Thanks for the help, Ryan
Old 07-25-2011, 06:09 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayARRGHH View Post
If all the stuff is working, it might be your starter, try hitting it with a hammer when your turning the key.

Be careful giving out this advice. I got negative rep for suggesting this method in another thread. I as a mechanic know that it works, obviously some other assholes don't.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:14 AM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonTacoma View Post
Be careful giving out this advice. I got negative rep for suggesting this method in another thread. I as a mechanic know that it works, obviously some other assholes don't.
haha alright thanks man, im the uncertified DIY mechanic.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:28 AM   #19
I'll eat all your food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayARRGHH View Post
haha alright thanks man, im the uncertified DIY mechanic.
Me too...me too.

Wrenching on cars for a living doesn't pay sh1t in California, so for all you asswipes kiss my ass.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:44 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndefinedTaco View Post
Me too...me too.

Wrenching on cars for a living doesn't pay sh1t in California, so for all you asswipes kiss my ass.
haha even though cars are always broken, I don't know that it does anywhere lol.