Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Favor..AC Compressor

Old 07-26-2012, 07:35 PM   #21
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
The only thing switching from defrost to a/c does is change the position of the mode control servo motor, which moves a damper for the outlet air to force the supply through the defrost vents as opposed to the A/C vents. It should make no change to the operation of the compressor.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:32 PM   #22
Breadman603 is on a distinguished road

Breadman603's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same problem...my cluth fried on my old compressor it would try and kick on and wouldn't ...then the light inside would flash...put a new compressor in lastnight ,put 5oz. of PAG 46 in it took it to the mechanic down the road and he evacuated the line filled it with r146 and did the dye leak test....I drove it all day with semi cold air ...I thought it should be colder. woke up this morning and turned it on now its blowing warm air!...the a/c light is not flashing ,its on. and when I push that button to turn the a/c on the clutch never tries to engage lik the old one did!....any ideas on what could be wrong?...I checked the fuses...help!