1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Favor..AC Compressor

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by jeckel7234, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Jul 26, 2012 at 6:35 PM
    BradleyScottETC

BradleyScottETC Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)

Member:
    First Name:
    Bradley
    Lake County, FL
    Vehicle:
    10 4.0 AC 4x4
    The only thing switching from defrost to a/c does is change the position of the mode control servo motor, which moves a damper for the outlet air to force the supply through the defrost vents as opposed to the A/C vents. It should make no change to the operation of the compressor.

2. Jun 25, 2013 at 10:32 PM
    Breadman603

Breadman603 Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh PA
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma SR5 4.0
    bed mat leer cap
    I had the same problem...my cluth fried on my old compressor it would try and kick on and wouldn't ...then the light inside would flash...put a new compressor in lastnight ,put 5oz. of PAG 46 in it took it to the mechanic down the road and he evacuated the line filled it with r146 and did the dye leak test....I drove it all day with semi cold air ...I thought it should be colder. woke up this morning and turned it on now its blowing warm air!...the a/c light is not flashing ,its on. and when I push that button to turn the a/c on the clutch never tries to engage lik the old one did!....any ideas on what could be wrong?...I checked the fuses...help!

Products Discussed in

To Top