Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

prerunner into a 4x4

Old 12-26-2009, 05:05 PM   #101
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnv View Post
My company had 4 built at one time and it took a year to do in the 90s,and we are talkin apples&oranges here Quigley is a company that will convert your vehicle,these guys are saying they can do it themselves for $1000
Bro...You seem pretty fucking dense. You say you bring "reality" but I guess reading isn't part of your "reality"

This isn't some shade tree mech throwing out a random ass price for shits and giggles. These numbers from folks who HAVE DONE IT....Specific parts lists and full understanding of what they are doing.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:06 PM   #102
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sure like a philips head scewdriverand a pair of pliers
Have you ever worked on a truck? Are you a complete ass? There is nothing excessively complicated about the swap. The frame has the holes and brackets on it, one has to add a transfer case, front differential, change the driveshafts, spindles and add front axle shafts. I am fairly certain that I have the tools in my garage to accomplish the job, no phillips head required.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:07 PM   #103
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
I personally know someone who has in fact done the swap in a weekend in his driveway
Did he use pliers and a phillips screwdriver?
Old 12-26-2009, 05:08 PM   #104
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Yes...and a handful of other basic tools
Old 12-26-2009, 05:10 PM   #105

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
Yes...and a handful of other basic tools
AhHa! Pics or it didn't happen!
Old 12-26-2009, 05:11 PM   #106
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Ill admit it I was wrong, I apologize for my opinion on this matter and hope that nobody holds a grudge because of my beliefs. Im not running the show here there seems like a few special people can start trouble and get away with it,like they own TW.
Oh no....Now who is being a cry baby.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:11 PM   #107
jesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to behold

Name: jesus
jesus's Tacoma Gallery
hey I just read it and it seems like just about anyone can do it.... specially if you buy the parts from a matching year becauese al you have to do is swap them out... I have an 02 3.4L prerunner td off road pack with read lokcs and the first thing i posted on here was the crazzy idea of making it a 4x4 it dosent seem that crazzy any more or hard my other off the wall idea was makeing my v6 into a v8 but I think that will be more work than what I'd like to do the TTORA.com page said it cost about $1400 or so....
Old 12-26-2009, 05:12 PM   #108
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ill admit it I was wrong, I apologize for my opinion on this matter and hope that nobody holds a grudge because of my beliefs. Im not running the show here there seems like a few special people can start trouble and get away with it,like they own TW.
You werent "Giving an opinion" by saying "It cant be done....", along with other smart ass comments. You were giving an uneducated statement, despite other people trying to show you it, in fact, can be. Then you get an attitude, and start to encroach on the name calling. Had you searched, as people have asked of you, you would have found many instances in which a Prerunner has been converted for not much money. But you didnt. So dont go crying this "Everyone is picking on me" song.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:16 PM   #110

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Please accept my apologies for being so ignorant
Sorry for losing my temper.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:23 PM   #111
BG04Taco is a jewel in the roughBG04Taco is a jewel in the roughBG04Taco is a jewel in the roughBG04Taco is a jewel in the rough

BG04Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus View Post
man chris you made the whole thing sound so easy and for $1k I wounder if I can get mine done it's a 1gen. auto 3.4L trd off road pack with rear locks and with tax seaon aroud the corner it could work.... I'll keep everyone posted

I would find someone who is getting there truck bought back to toyota to be sent to the crusher and see if you can get parts from them. There is also a girl named rotirunner? she is parting out a truck but she just wants the bed and rear axle.

Here she is

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...lver-grey.html
Old 12-26-2009, 05:40 PM   #113
jesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to behold

Name: jesus
jesus's Tacoma Gallery
thanks BG
Old 12-26-2009, 05:48 PM   #114
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
This is awesome!
Old 12-29-2009, 07:51 AM   #115
Boomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boomtacoma01's Tacoma Gallery
Back on topic: The guy on TTORA that did it on an 05+ prerunner username was mod-sqd. He is the only non-SAC 05+ to ifs 4x4 conversion I have seen. I dont know if he is on here but it might be worth a try to PM him on TTORA.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:34 AM   #116
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
we're not allowed to leave rep for Johnv?
Old 12-29-2009, 09:35 AM   #117
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
we're not allowed to leave rep for Johnv?
He is banned. Not sure if it is a perma or temp though.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:45 AM   #118
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
oh okay. haha I was reading through this and was like WTF is this guys problem. then I saw he was from jersey and all I could picture was him being one of those Dbags from "jersey shore"
Old 12-29-2009, 10:01 AM   #119

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
oh okay. haha I was reading through this and was like WTF is this guys problem. then I saw he was from jersey and all I could picture was him being one of those Dbags from "jersey shore"

Me too.

He is on temporary hiatus.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:38 PM   #120
00PreRunner is on a distinguished road

00PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I want to do the same thing. I want a solid from end but te Prerunner is made to accept independent. And the only front end worth using is a Dana 44 and its bigger than te rear end. So I think I'll go IFS if I get a good deal on one.