1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

bluesea 5025

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by danteisme, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Aug 9, 2011 at 7:44 PM
    danteisme

danteisme [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Western PA
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB Sport, 96 Integra GSR
    i want to make sure i'm reading this wiring diagram right. the way i'm reading this, i have to run the power from the fuse block (to positive load) to the item, then run the ground from the item back to the fuse block (from negative load). this is in addition to grounding the block to the battery. is that correct?

http://bluesea.com/files/resources/instructions/Wiring-Diagram-5025_5030.pdf

2. Aug 15, 2011 at 6:38 AM
    afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
    Yes it is. If you wire it that way without grounding the block, then your load won't be grounded and won't work.

Another way to do it would be to ground the load to the body or chassis at a location closer to the load.

My fuse box is going to several relays that are in close proximity to the fuse box so running the negative back to the box wasn't that big of a deal. As for the loads connected to the relays, I usually ground those to the chassis closer to the load.

3. Aug 15, 2011 at 6:43 AM
    danteisme

danteisme [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Western PA
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB Sport, 96 Integra GSR
    ah ok. so grounding it to the frame or whatever will still work for some of my devices i'm connecting, i dont have to wire it all the way back the fuse box?

4. Aug 15, 2011 at 7:01 PM
    afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
    As long as you ground the fuse box to the chassis/frame as well.

Your devices will connect to the negative of the fusebox through the frame.

Products Discussed in

To Top