Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

09 Always-On Rear View Camera Wiring diagram (check my work)

Old 09-23-2011, 10:19 PM   #21
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

I soldered up my switch and I got everything ready to go. I decided to use fully insulated slide connects for this project. It will make everything 100% reversible should I need to remove my switch. I don't need to use the telephone taps because I am using the Add-a-circuit to obtain my +12v source.

Old 09-23-2011, 10:43 PM   #22
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
No need for mini-add-a fuse, the regular one will work just fine. I bought this for the coin tray fuses and it worked just fine

The fuse that are in the coin tray are called low profile mini fuses but an ATM fuse will fit just fine.
I think the confusion is because there are different brands that make identical products with similar names. Look closely at the packaging in your picture. It reads: "MINI® Add-A-Line" The one in your picture appears to be virtually the same as mine, with the exception that I lopped off the blue butt splice connector and added the slide connector.

BTW, Mine is made by Littelfuse Inc. Des Plaines, IL. The product is called MINI ® Add-A-Circuit © on the packaging.

Thanks for the comment about the low profile fuses. I just bought some ATM fuses for backup in the glove box. Even though they'll work, I'd prefer to have the low profile ones. Thanks.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:13 PM   #23
khx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

khx73's Tacoma Gallery
For anyone looking for a mini add-a-circuit in Canada... The larger Canadian Tire stores have them - stk # 020-1615-4
Old 09-24-2011, 06:03 PM   #25
khx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

khx73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
I completed the mod, it works. I'll post pics later.
Nice... look forward to seeing them.

If you have the schematics, which I suspect you do based on your screenshots posted earlier, could you perhaps tell me what the yellow wire coming through the IN1 connector is? I only have two wires that come out of IN1, red and yellow. The red wire is the switched 12v to the mirror screen, not sure what the yellow does.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:01 PM   #26

Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by khx73 View Post
Nice... look forward to seeing them.

If you have the schematics, which I suspect you do based on your screenshots posted earlier, could you perhaps tell me what the yellow wire coming through the IN1 connector is? I only have two wires that come out of IN1, red and yellow. The red wire is the switched 12v to the mirror screen, not sure what the yellow does.
Yes. The yellow wire has something to do with the air conditioning. (am.pdf)

I just found out that the reason I have more wires in connector IN1 is because I have the JBL stereo with hands free (blue tooth). The white, black and other red wire in IN1 (in my truck) are wired to the rear view mirror and handle the microphone for the blue tooth. (as-bui.pdf)
Old 09-24-2011, 11:12 PM   #27

Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

It's important to note that it's the left side of the junction that connects to the camera, when the wire is snipped the left side should then be connected to the "common" pole (T2) on the switch. The right side of the junction is sending the +12v when the tranny is in reverse, this side can go to either T1 or T3 of the switch.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:36 AM   #28

khx73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes. The yellow wire has something to do with the air conditioning. (am.pdf)

I just found out that the reason I have more wires in connector IN1 is because I have the JBL stereo with hands free (blue tooth). The white, black and other red wire in IN1 (in my truck) are wired to the rear view mirror and handle the microphone for the blue tooth. (as-bui.pdf)
Nice.. Thanks. I have to get a hold of those wiring schematics. Did you pay for them off their site?
Old 09-25-2011, 08:35 AM   #29

Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Yes. It was $15 USD. For 48 hour access to the entire Technical Information System. Well worth it to me. The 2006 EWD (electronic writing diagrams) are publicly available on a couple websites and they work very well for most things.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:04 PM   #31
CampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant future

Law Enforcement: [SSG] Intelligent special force
Name: Dmitry
CampGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to CampGuy
Good Job! Professional wok!