Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Horn keeps honking

Old 08-14-2011, 08:49 AM   #1
cwilliams21 is on a distinguished road
cwilliams21's Tacoma Gallery
Horn keeps honking

Hello-

I have a bit of a problem that I need some assistance with. I had to disconnect the positive and negative terminals this morning and after I reconnect them my horn keeps honking. The reasoning for me to disconnect the battery has nothing to do with the horn.

Does anyone know way this is happening?

Thanks!
Old 08-14-2011, 11:14 AM   #2
cwilliams21 is on a distinguished road
cwilliams21's Tacoma Gallery
Figured it out. When you connect the battery back up and the horn starts honking you have to press the unlock button on the keyless remote.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:21 AM   #3
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you figured it out!
and that you posted the solution so somone else can
use it
Old 08-14-2011, 11:28 AM   #4
CenTex Honky
drifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drifter379's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilliams21 View Post
Hello-

I have a bit of a problem that I need some assistance with. I had to disconnect the positive and negative terminals this morning and after I reconnect them my horn keeps honking. The reasoning for me to disconnect the battery has nothing to do with the horn.

Does anyone know way this is happening?

Thanks!
Low battery. Your battery is about to die. Same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Freaked me the fuck out. Sitting around minding my own business and all of a sudden the horn starts blasting. Did the same as you ,had to disconnect the battery to get it to quit. After a call to the dealer he explained it was a warning for battery life. After telling him how completely stupid an idea it was I finally got a new battery and every thing is fine now.

never mind. just re read the original post. Im a moron carry on.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:20 PM   #5
jbrandt will become famous soon enough
jbrandt's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, it's the key-less entry/alarm that's going haywire. Actually, it's not going haywire, it's just that the alarm was set off by disconnecting the battery (probably), and pressing the unlock button disarms it.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:23 PM   #7
jorgemg17 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jorge
jorgemg17's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma Original Sound

Hello, Im a newer in Tacoma Word, I need buy a new horn for my car, I have a Tacoma 2001, I want to hear a orginal sound to buy a similar. somebody think taht can help me?
Old 10-19-2011, 08:41 PM   #8
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgemg17 View Post
Hello, Im a newer in Tacoma Word, I need buy a new horn for my car, I have a Tacoma 2001, I want to hear a orginal sound to buy a similar. somebody think taht can help me?
At least you attempted to search and didn't start a thread about it. I have no knowledge on this subject, hopefully someone can chime in shortly.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:12 PM   #9
hiroze is on a distinguished road

hiroze's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilliams21 View Post
Figured it out. When you connect the battery back up and the horn starts honking you have to press the unlock button on the keyless remote.
Does the same concept apply if you dont have a keyless entry? My battery was dying so I put in a new battery and with the new battery, I get the horn honking. I tried unlocking/locking the doors, but the horn just kept going. It sounded off for about 10 honks and then stopped- but it starts every time I open the driver or passenger door.

I was in a massive rush so there is a chance I didn't connect the new battery properly, but I'll have to double check that later today.

2002 Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 V6 4x4 (in case the year/model makes a difference)