Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Front Differential Gear Oil Change - Second Gen

Old 09-25-2011, 05:55 PM   #21
The Professional
c0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 3rd SFG(A)
c0b2a's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to c0b2a
Did this today, ended up putting 1.5 Quarts in (not wanting to over fill and not being experienced to go against the owners manual)

I ended up filling the dif up only to find that the drain gasket had fallen out.. had to drain and fill a 2nd time.. Kind of a pain in the ass but whatever.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:37 PM   #22
kyleanegus is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: SRT Red TL
kyleanegus's Tacoma Gallery
Did this a few weeks ago, thank you so much to the OP for this post. Amazing detail and easy to follow. Thanks to Tacoma World my truck my love longer than I do
Old 09-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #23
Chepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chepo's Tacoma Gallery
Gonna do this next weekend!
Old 11-16-2013, 10:26 AM   #24
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed! Thank you for the write up...I'm at 40,000 and need to change out the front diff sometime.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:35 AM   #25
woodssyndicate is on a distinguished road

woodssyndicate's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 04-04-2014, 12:01 AM   #26
MajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud of

Marines: Sergeant of Marines, 4th Force Recon
Name: Johnny
MajKong's Tacoma Gallery
I did this three weeks ago. Your write-up was helpful. Thank you.
Old 06-21-2014, 07:13 PM   #27
devkurf will become famous soon enough

devkurf's Tacoma Gallery
Did this today, its nice to have pics. Thanks for the write-up.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:25 PM   #29
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcsez2000 View Post
has anyone done this without a pump? I am doing those tomorrow and I was just wondering do the bottles not fit in there to fill it? Would I need to go buy the pump?
You can put a hose in the end of the bottle. No the bottle doesn't really fit.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:52 PM   #31
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcsez2000 View Post
just a hose into the bottle. Then what? it magically goes into the front diff? lol
sorry but a little more specific please as to what you mean.
Hose on the nipple of the bottle, hold bottle out from underneath truck, other end of hose in diff, and squeeze it in, it's to thick to run in.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:46 AM   #33
MajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud of

Marines: Sergeant of Marines, 4th Force Recon
Name: Johnny
MajKong's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
Hose on the nipple of the bottle, hold bottle out from underneath truck, other end of hose in diff, and squeeze it in, it's to thick to run in.
That might work if the hose is long enough. I didn't think there was very much space under there. The pump was $4.99 at the auto parts store. If I had to buy it every time, I would.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:41 AM   #35
LRGRNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajKong View Post
That might work if the hose is long enough. I didn't think there was very much space under there. The pump was $4.99 at the auto parts store. If I had to buy it every time, I would.
Yea, it works. I already had the hose.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:13 PM   #38
drmax is on a distinguished road
drmax's Tacoma Gallery
Synthetic mobile 1 75/90 LS

Is it ok to put subject line oil in front diff. on 95 taco? Have a couple bottles laying around. Thx
Old 08-20-2014, 01:17 PM   #39
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmax View Post
Is it ok to put subject line oil in front diff. on 95 taco? Have a couple bottles laying around. Thx
Yes.

FWIW I've changed my front and rear 3 times so far and been using 85-140 as recommended by ECGS with no issues.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:39 PM   #40
drmax is on a distinguished road
drmax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmax View Post
disregard. Found out it is ok to use. Dm