Notices

catalytic converters

Old 08-20-2011, 11:18 AM   #1
05tacotom is on a distinguished road
Name: tom
05tacotom's Tacoma Gallery
catalytic converters

Will try to make a long story short
I ran out of gas and my check engine light came on went to shucks s and hooked up obd2 said my cats are bad toyota said they never replace them unless they are stolen my mech sahs it might be my o2 sensors has anybody had this problem or something similer
Old 08-21-2011, 07:27 AM   #2
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05tacotom View Post
Will try to make a long story short
I ran out of gas and my check engine light came on went to shucks s and hooked up obd2 said my cats are bad toyota said they never replace them unless they are stolen my mech sahs it might be my o2 sensors has anybody had this problem or something similer
Clear the codes and drive it again first. Running out of fuel causes a lot of variables that can cause phantom codes.

Oh and yes we do replace cats once in a while.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:08 AM   #3
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
I had my cats replaced. Both paid for by the dealer.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:16 PM   #4
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
whoa... cats are EXPENSIVE sh*t!