1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bad throwout bearing

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Billhillytacoman, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Aug 24, 2011 at 11:16 PM
    Billhillytacoman

Billhillytacoman [OP] New Member

Member:
    Sound system, window tint, k&n intake with a single chamber flowmaster exhaust, p.a./ CB, HID headlights, debadged
    I got a 06 Tacoma with the 6 speed tranny. My throwout bearing squeals n I've already replaced it 2. Pretty sure it's being caused by the shaft the throwout bearing rides on being to small. Just wondering if anyone has ever ha this problem, if so wat did y'all do?

2. Aug 24, 2011 at 11:19 PM
    drewskie

drewskie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Burbank, CA.
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner 4 banger
    I'll be nice, but be ready for a shitstorm. There's a bunch of threads on this already. I think there is a TSB out for it now, or you can buy the URD kit that uses a steel sleeve that goes over the pilot bearing shaft which will stop the squeak completely.

3. Aug 24, 2011 at 11:23 PM
    drewskie

drewskie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Burbank, CA.
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner 4 banger
  4. Oct 9, 2014 at 11:11 AM
    hotrodrob

hotrodrob Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD 4x4 Tacoma
    leveling kit, after market wheels, camper shell
    09 Tacoma was making a chirping or squeaking noise at idle which stoppedafter depressing the clutch pedal. It was diagnosed as the throw out bearing. Ilet the dealership know that I'd researched the issue online and that it seemedto be a chronic problem with these vehicles. Without mentioning this, I'm notconvinced the dealership would have looked into any further. Before the dealerresearched the TSB, they said the warranty department would not cover the throwout bearing because it's looked at as wear and tear after about 10k (plus orminus) miles. After finding the TSB, the warranty department covered it. I wasglad to hear that the $1300 estimate (entire clutch kit replacement includingclutch plate resurface) got reduced to a $50 deductible!! A member reported onanother thread that his warranty was up, but the dealership cut the labor inhalf since there was a TSB out for the issue. They replaced the slave cylinderwith one that is sized differently than the original part, the throw outbearing, and maybe one or two other items.
    Here's a thread to read concerning manual transmissions that also covers the throw out bearing issue:
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...-write-up.html

5. Oct 9, 2014 at 11:13 AM
    Papa Taco

Papa Taco HARD CAAAAAAARRRRRRRL

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    2011 Access Cab 4x4 6 Speed
    Follow the yellow brick road
    Mine went out at 27xxx miles. warranty baby :D