LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

HELP Viper Alarm Systems 500-600 retail but 200-300 on amazon

Old 09-01-2011, 12:41 AM   #1
Sabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: FN
Name: Kyle
Sabre's Tacoma Gallery
HELP Viper Alarm Systems 500-600 retail but 200-300 on amazon

Hey so im browsing around at possibly getting a viper alarm/remote start system for the tacoma and the top rated systems are 500-600 on the website so i start looking around on amazon only to find the same systems for 200-300 it almost seems to good to be true like 300 dollars off?

anyone have any experience with this stuff i would like some reassurance if i was to purchase through amazon

units i was loooking at

http://www.amazon.com/Viper-5902-Res...4862140&sr=8-2

http://www.amazon.com/Viper-5901-Res...4862140&sr=8-1
Old 09-01-2011, 01:31 AM   #3
Banned
4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4jeep's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-01-2011, 01:35 AM   #4
bailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ex-navy, IT Contractor
Name: Cody
bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
i'm subbin this as well, been looking at getting one as well , just worried about installing it.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:07 AM   #5
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
The price on the manufacturer's website is the msrp or Manufacturer's suggested retail price, usually the actual price is much lower.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:31 AM   #6
Sabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sabre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008taco View Post
The price on the manufacturer's website is the msrp or Manufacturer's suggested retail price, usually the actual price is much lower.

i know but $300-$400 lower seems like alot

Here is the break down on the 5901 one of vipers top ranking systems
Viper - 5901 Responder LC3 SST Security/Remote Start System

MSRP - $599
http://viper.com/P-5702V/Viper-5901-...e-Start-System

Best Buy - $529
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Viper+-+...&skuId=9008539

Amazon - $209
http://www.amazon.com/Viper-5901-Res...4869329&sr=8-1
Old 09-01-2011, 03:18 AM   #7
tonto340 is a glorious beacon of lighttonto340 is a glorious beacon of lighttonto340 is a glorious beacon of lighttonto340 is a glorious beacon of lighttonto340 is a glorious beacon of light
Air Force: Intel - Retired
tonto340's Tacoma Gallery
The MSRP and Best Buy price includes installation. Viper will not guarantee or warranty the alarm if it is installed by someone other that a certified installer.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:50 AM   #8
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
subbed
Old 09-01-2011, 04:09 AM   #9
vprgts is on a distinguished road

Name: Walter
vprgts's Tacoma Gallery
That sounds like a great deal. I have the Viper 5901 Responder LC3 SuperCode SST 2-Way Security and Remote... and I highly recommend it!!
Old 09-01-2011, 04:22 AM   #10
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vprgts View Post
That sounds like a great deal. I have the Viper 5901 Responder LC3 SuperCode SST 2-Way Security and Remote... and I highly recommend it!!
X2 mine is 2 years old at this point. I purchased from Best Buy and I am still happy with it. You need to do your homework on the Best Buy install staff and make sure they do quality work. The install staff varies with each store. Some are better than others.

Be careful when opening the battery compartment to replace the battery, The small tabs break off very easily.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:21 PM   #11

Sabre's Tacoma Gallery
so i figured it out rough install for this alarms is 200-300 so thats where best buy and viper have with there price

now if i was to purchase this 5901 200+ 250 for install quote so 450 roughly saved around 80-100 bucks so even though amazon is much cheaper it's without the install

when i asked the alarm shop they said amazon electronics have fallen off the back of a truck and don't have warranty to back them up which is why they can sell the units for so much cheaper he quoted me 300 for the 5901 and still the additional 250 for install
Old 09-12-2011, 11:01 AM   #12
Nolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nolazach's Tacoma Gallery
diy on an alarm isn't that bad. I plan to throw in a remote start soon.

Never went with Viper, but I do know that cheap internet alarms sometimes fail.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:38 PM   #13

Sabre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolazach View Post
diy on an alarm isn't that bad. I plan to throw in a remote start soon.

Never went with Viper, but I do know that cheap internet alarms sometimes fail.
How do they fail?
Old 09-14-2011, 09:07 AM   #14
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have an install guide for Tacomas? I've seen the generic one from Viper, but it would be nice to see a Tacoma specific guide...
Old 09-15-2011, 09:44 PM   #15
Nolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nolazach's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre View Post
How do they fail?

I've bought a couple. After a while they just don't work. The wiring didn't change so I know its not on my end.

On my last truck I put an alarm in with six add-ons. I was pissed when the control module failed. (Wouldn't roll down windows anymore, wouldn't start, alarm went off randomly)

New control module and everything was fine.

Though if you would take the last four alarms I bought (three were remote start) and add the price I paid up, it would still be less than the Viper listed earlier.

Though I feel you do pay for what you get.