Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT SWAPPING 2ND GEN BENCH SEAT FOR BUCKETS;

View Poll Results: Will you swap Your bench seats for Buckets?
Yes, I hate the bench seat 20 68.97%
Nope, bench seat is fine 5 17.24%
Undecided 4 13.79%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2011, 10:32 AM   #41
Manual Transmission Enthusiast
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
TacomaBuzz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Here's another alternative, if you want to make your bench seat more comfortable and don't go the full nine yards of replacing it. Better lumbar support and the metal rods that cut off the circulation in your butt removed.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...mfortable.html
Looks much more comfortable to me. That's a good alternative for those that still want to keep the bench, Nice job!
Old 12-20-2011, 10:04 PM   #42
izzy1554 has a spectacular aura aboutizzy1554 has a spectacular aura about
Name: izzy
izzy1554's Tacoma Gallery
what did you use to grind the seatbelt and how much off?
Old 12-20-2011, 10:16 PM   #43
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy1554 View Post
what did you use to grind the seatbelt and how much off?
Pm'ed
Old 09-01-2012, 08:38 AM   #44

After 1 year , this mod is finally complete!! I now have working drivers/pass front airbags and correct bucket seat occupant detection system. I have done the seemingly impossible, and im glad all this time, money, and research paid off!
Old 09-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #45
izzy1554 has a spectacular aura aboutizzy1554 has a spectacular aura about
Name: izzy
izzy1554's Tacoma Gallery
nice job dude.... im glad you got it to work.. i do have buckets with airbags though so im wondering if this application will work for my seats

anywayz nice job
Old 09-02-2012, 02:26 PM   #46

thanks man,
Sure it will work, I only used non-airbag OEM buckets because they were cheaper. You'll just have to source the floor harness/airbag module part#'s from an 09+ with bucket seats. You would be the first to do an OEM bench>bucket with functioning seat airbags. I know it can be done though!
Old 09-25-2012, 02:50 PM   #47
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Just got my bucket seats in... didnt see this thread before and thought they were just plug and play... i was wrong Really dont feel like putting the bench seat back in until getting all those OEM parts
Old 09-25-2012, 02:51 PM   #48
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-03-2012, 10:48 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Just got my bucket seats in... didnt see this thread before and thought they were just plug and play... i was wrong Really dont feel like putting the bench seat back in until getting all those OEM parts
yeah , they aren't even close to PNP. It seems Toyota did everything they could to make the swap as difficult as possible. it took me a solid year to get this mod 100% working with zero help from anyone. I wish it was easier ....
Old 10-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #50
jetsfan21 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
jetsfan21's Tacoma Gallery
If you still have the bench seat, would u like to sell it? i need one with the center console and center seat belt. I need to get both of my kids in my truck when i pick them up from school.

Let me know if you have it and want to sell it!

Jason,
Jetsfan21@sbcglobal.net
Old 07-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #51
B.S. Goodwrench
KWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
I am really considering this mod but not in the detail you did in it,

I want to just say Thank You for the loads of information and pictures,

I know it took a lot of time and attention to type and check and proof the info you posted.

I did this long ago on an HID install into my RSX and it took some time,

I am really wanting to just source some very nice buckets with buckles,
In NC they don't care about SRS lights,

I just want to have buckets for a while yet be able to re-install my bench at a later date and have the error codes and warning lights cleared out.

Would I be better off trying to locate good NON air bag bucket seats?

I may have found some, lol...

Old 07-20-2013, 09:44 PM   #52

I woul go the cheapest route you can if you don't need the srs airbag system to function. Even with all the trouble I went through, there is still no guarantee that the SRS system is fully functional .only a front end collision will tell ......
Old 07-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #53
bdank582 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: 173 airborne viet nam 1970
Name: Brian
bdank582's Tacoma Gallery
can you help me with after market seats?

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy and install aftermarket
"8 way adjustable Seats" the dealers in San Jose and Burlingame can not give me a straight answer?
i am willing to pay for new seats to be installed after I buy a new 2013 vehicle, i just need to meet the people who can do the job. I am about to buy a new 2013 Tacoma this week, but i will not, unless i can get this done by a shop that does aftermarket work,
brian94061@yahoo.com
Old 08-01-2013, 12:49 PM   #54
SFerrari is on a distinguished road
SFerrari's Tacoma Gallery
I've called most of the salvage yards in Phoenix and none of them have bucket seats. I've found a few places on car-part.com but they're all in SE states. One of the guys said they would ship seats but it would cost $300ish to ship both seats because of the size.

My question for TW: is there any way to unbolt/detach the seat back for shipping?

I have an 06 standard cab manual and I want that center console/cup holders SOOOOOOO bad.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #55
SFerrari is on a distinguished road
SFerrari's Tacoma Gallery
Also: would the 05-09 bench seat components(harness/module/sensors) be plug and play with my 06, or would I have all the compatibility issues you detailed in your original post?

Can I use buckets from AC or DC trucks or am I limited to RC?
Old 03-01-2014, 06:00 PM   #56
Evenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
Evenflow's Tacoma Gallery
Saving
Old 04-06-2014, 11:45 AM   #57
jeffparker is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeff
jeffparker's Tacoma Gallery
Seat conversion

Any body know how to handle bladder for air bag sensor