Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT SWAPPING 2ND GEN BENCH SEAT FOR BUCKETS;

View Poll Results: Will you swap Your bench seats for Buckets?
Yes, I hate the bench seat 20 68.97%
Nope, bench seat is fine 5 17.24%
Undecided 4 13.79%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-03-2011, 03:33 PM   #1
Manual Transmission Enthusiast
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
TacomaBuzz's Tacoma Gallery
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT SWAPPING 2ND GEN BENCH SEAT FOR BUCKETS;

DELETE
Old 09-04-2011, 08:52 AM   #2
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Field Artillery
Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
BROOOO WHY DO YOU FEEL ITS NECESSARY TO TYPE YOUR TITLE IN ALL CAPS???
Old 09-04-2011, 09:00 AM   #3
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

facepalm.....
Old 09-04-2011, 09:04 AM   #4
All of those moments....will be lost.....in time
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbs95tacoma View Post
BROOOO WHY DO YOU FEEL ITS NECESSARY TO TYPE YOUR TITLE IN ALL CAPS???
Who cares ?

Good write up OP
Old 09-04-2011, 09:07 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Who cares ?

Good write up OP
i was just being a tacoma world troll
Old 09-04-2011, 09:33 AM   #6
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Who cares ?

Good write up OP
Thanks! Hope I can help out a few 5 luggers with this write-up
Old 09-04-2011, 11:24 AM   #7
Hayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brandon
Hayes's Tacoma Gallery
It's good info. When I switch seats, I will be going with Corbeau seats, so I will need to bypass the airbags. I'd like to keep the front airbags functional, if at all possible, so the writeup helps.

Thanks
Old 09-04-2011, 06:47 PM   #8
YotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FMC 25th BSB
Name: Brian
YotaMan2007's Tacoma Gallery
i was going to get Corbeau aftermarket buckets. does the bench look like you can remove then install the sensors to a new seat?
Old 09-04-2011, 07:01 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaMan2007 View Post
i was going to get Corbeau aftermarket buckets. does the bench look like you can remove then install the sensors to a new seat?
It's possible if the rail will allow for it. The rail sensors come off very easy, just a few screws.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:06 PM   #10
Paak is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Weapons Instructor
Paak's Tacoma Gallery
Pix?
Old 09-04-2011, 08:21 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paak View Post
Pix?
Links posted in OP
Old 09-05-2011, 05:45 AM   #12
Paak is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Weapons Instructor
Paak's Tacoma Gallery
Doh! I missed it, thanks. Looks good!
Old 09-05-2011, 06:19 AM   #13
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Well done. Good info!
Old 09-05-2011, 12:46 PM   #14
JBelkovitch is on a distinguished road
JBelkovitch's Tacoma Gallery
And now for the center console...?

Great write up. I've got TRD buckets ready to install and appreciate the info.

I also bought a full auto. center console and it looks like there will be compatibility issues. Has anyone made this swap? Is it possible?

Thanks
Old 09-05-2011, 12:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBelkovitch View Post
Great write up. I've got TRD buckets ready to install and appreciate the info.

I also bought a full auto. center console and it looks like there will be compatibility issues. Has anyone made this swap? Is it possible?

Thanks
Im assuming you have an automatic transmission. The 4.0 V6 Center trim is not compatible with the 2.7L Automatic transmission(different placement). However, the Manual V6 center Trim will work with the 2.7L
Manual. im going to make a console write-up in the OP.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:36 AM   #16
Hayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brandon
Hayes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaBuzz View Post
im going to make a console write-up in the OP.

Well...get to it! I wanna see how it looks.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:37 PM   #17
2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
2004TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
my 11 access cab came with buckets, thought all Tacos did guess i never really looked closely at any of the others
Old 09-08-2011, 06:04 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011TacomaSR5 View Post
my 11 access cab came with buckets, thought all Tacos did guess i never really looked closely at any of the others
Yeah the bench seat pretty much sucks,Wish all tacoma's came with the bucket seats factory!
Old 09-10-2011, 02:24 AM   #19
Thanks. I've got a 2.7L 4X2 auto. I bought a V6 full console from a wrecker ($100), and you're right, different placement. Do they even make a full-length for a 2.7 4X2?
Thanks again!
Old 09-10-2011, 02:26 AM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaBuzz View Post
Im assuming you have an automatic transmission. The 4.0 V6 Center trim is not compatible with the 2.7L Automatic transmission(different placement). However, the Manual V6 center Trim will work with the 2.7L
Manual. im going to make a console write-up in the OP.
Thanks. I've got a 2.7L 4X2 auto. I bought a V6 full console from a wrecker ($100), and you're right, different placement. Do they even make a full-length for a 2.7 4X2?
Thanks again!