Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Best Alarm/Remote Start for $200ish???

Closed Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-07-2011, 10:32 AM   #21
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
i have the 5901 then upgraded remotes to the color 5902 one...its a great alarm...

i stepped it up a bit with the extra cell phone module a couple of months ago as well...

Old 09-07-2011, 10:32 AM   #22
Evasive Maneuvers PMKMS
tacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud of

tacobox's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Liquid I View Post
Really? A PR language barrier? IM I NOT SPEAKING ENGLISH? Way to be above it all!

As for your original question. I'm hating myself for helping someone like you, but Viper 5901 is the way to go.

Edit: Reminding myself not to pull a Samuel Jackson and call him a motherfucker repeatedly.
Now we're being productive. And try to keep you language down cause this is a public forum after all

1 for viper and 1 for compustar

Old 09-07-2011, 10:33 AM   #23
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
TacomaPrime's Tacoma Gallery
I have always had nothing but viper stuff on my cars and never had a single problem with them, nor had a single car stolen.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:34 AM   #24
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Liquid I's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobox View Post
Now we're being productive. And try to keep you language down cause this is a public forum after all

1 for viper and 1 for compustar
Go to hell.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:38 AM   #25
Evasive Maneuvers PMKMS
tacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud of

tacobox's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
i have the 5901 then upgraded remotes to the color 5902 one...its a great alarm...

i stepped it up a bit with the extra cell phone module a couple of months ago as well...

That is awesome I love the color fob and it can be used on the 5901 just makes the 5901 that much more attractive. If I do go with a viper I wanna get the smart start aswell.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:41 AM   #26
Evasive Maneuvers PMKMS

tacobox's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Liquid I View Post
Go to hell.
Haha I'll be at the gates handing out the tickets.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:42 AM   #27
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That is awesome I love the color fob and it can be used on the 5901 just makes the 5901 that much more attractive. If I do go with a viper I wanna get the smart start aswell.
its a great app...you can lock, unlock, start ur truck from anywhere...i was once up north (here in cali) n my brother had left something in my truck...all i did was unlock it n bamn. lol

Old 09-07-2011, 10:43 AM   #28
Nikwanchoo is on a distinguished road
Nikwanchoo's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 2-way viper 5701 remote/alarm. I maxed out the sensitivity and i can open and close the tailgate without it going off. Also, the remote start used to work flawlessly but now when i use it, it throws a bunch of warning lights on the dash and the A/C wont turn on until i place the key in the ignition which defeats the purpose. Also the fob needs battery changes every 3 months. Sometimes more if you use the remote start a lot. In Any case, i would definitely get something with the 2-way function, its the best feature.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:46 AM   #29
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Oh man am I finally in here early enough to witness the epic fail as it unfolds?

Old 09-07-2011, 10:53 AM   #30
Evasive Maneuvers PMKMS

tacobox's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenmunga View Post
Oh man am I finally in here early enough to witness the epic fail as it unfolds?
Nope I think we're good now

Old 09-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #31
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm after a page of reading I have come to the conclusion that the op is very ungrateful. And a pussy.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:02 AM   #32
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nope I think we're good now
I think you were more on track with post 19. I actually had something to contribute, but I think I'll skip it now.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:04 AM   #33
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
I suggest that no one help his Guy. If he wants to be a douche canoe to people that are giving relivent good Information then he can't figure it out by himself

Old 09-07-2011, 11:06 AM   #34
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
To the op...

Old 09-07-2011, 11:10 AM   #35
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
why are all of you starting a

damn everytime someone starts one lil post on a new thread this place gets out of control....if you dont got anything to help just read the posts n move along...simple

Old 09-07-2011, 11:15 AM   #36
Experienced Noob
MHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: 911 Dispatch/R-LEO
Name: Nate
MHS2846bg8's Tacoma Gallery
I have a clifford remote start in my truck...I wouldn't recommend it... Range on it sucks... I think I'll be adding a viper when I upgrade, heard lots of good things about them, and usually with these types of things, you do get what you pay for.

And make sure the people installing them are authorized dealers, the people local to me sell vipers and install them, but they are not listed on Viper's website stating they are an authorized dealer... Aand, the people who installed my last system sucked...no solder or even crimp connectors that I saw...they were electrical taped! Didn't notice til a long time after the fact though...

Old 09-07-2011, 11:16 AM   #37
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, well as for your question. I have the 5900 and installed it in 2007 when the truck was new. I have had no problems with it. Although I have noticed that the hardware in the kit is a little cheap as the only thing that has rust on it in my engine bay are the horn brackets. Also some of the wiring is a little shady. I LOVE the remote start though and the 1 mile FOB is great! I've had Clifford's in my Honda's before and I was never as satisfied as I am with the Viper I have now. BUT personally I'd be even more satisfied with the OEM VIP security system. The Viper is really cheap in quality. What happens in 15 years? Will I be chasing wires trying to figure out why my truck won't start??? My father has the VIP security on his new 4runner and its sweet! Quality product that is meant to be in there. I've gone through 3 FOB's over the past three years. I hate how you have to change the battery every 20ish days and if you don't monitor the battery you'll be stuck with setting off your alarm in the parking lot digging around in your truck for a AAA battery looking like a retard (I've done this more then once). Also let it be know. Since your key has that micro chip in it, you can still start your car and drive off with the alarm blaring... Not cool, And no the 5901 does not bypass this either!

Old 09-07-2011, 11:18 AM   #38
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
HA,

I didn't read this tread till after I posted...

Old 09-07-2011, 11:19 AM   #39
First Class White Trash

achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Delete post to avoid helping a douche.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:23 AM   #40
Big R is on a distinguished road
Name: James Gibbs (randy)
Big R's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Big R
I have a Ultra start. I like it. Remeber all after market remotes suck.
If they break its hard to get another one that matches. I live in Phoenix its hotter than hell in the summer so its great to get in a cool truck. As far as ripping off your ride if they want it its gone. Have a great day.

Closed Thread

Products Discussed in this Thread