Notices

Injector plug plastice housing

Old 09-06-2011, 01:10 PM   #1
yoTaco98 is on a distinguished road
Name: Yos
yoTaco98's Tacoma Gallery
Injector plug plastic housing

Guys I need some help.

I'm in the process of replacing the valve cover gasket on the drivers side on my 98 V6.

The fuel injector harness runs along the left side of the engine and is housed in this plastic housing.

About 40% of the housing was broken apart or cracked. And while attempting to move the harness to remove the valve cover, so much more broke off. So I removed the last of it that was hanging on by electrical tape.

The plastic has basically gotten 13 years of heat and is brittle to the touch.

Now I come to find out that Toyota doesn't sell the plastic casing by it's self. You have to buy it wire the harness which is $500.

Do I have any other alternatives to the plastic housing.

Is there a heat shield type tape that that I can wrap around this so its not damaged by the engine heat?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:01 PM   #2
Night is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Night's Tacoma Gallery
I've had this on my old vehicle http://www.adlinsulflex.com/heat-resistant-tapes. Sure you can find cheaper alternatives.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:38 PM   #3
yoTaco98 is on a distinguished road
Name: Yos
yoTaco98's Tacoma Gallery
Do you think that ridged plastic tubing that they use on the other vehicles would work the same?

Im going try a junk yard this weekend.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:58 PM   #4
Night is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Night's Tacoma Gallery
As long as its roughly the same size and shape. I don't really think its matters as it doesn't clip anything